Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

First proper drive with mods-FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts
Default First proper drive with mods-FINALLY!

Well after spending much of the winter acquiring new parts for the car only to have it sit in the garage, we finally had a sunny, relatively warm day in Greater Vancouver today. The last few months have seen the installation of PSS9's(of course with my luck, PSS10's were available shortly after!), new wheels/tires, the 996 leather/aluminum shifter and handbrake from Gert, and though not a performance mod, an ipod friendly stereo.
With the temp above 10C for the first time since the fall, it was an excellent day to excercise the car properly since installing all the "goodies." All I can say is WOW! The suspension really does transform the car. I found the most difference at the rear of the car; seems to be much more planted. I also found the ride to be quite reasonable even though mine are set towards the stiffer end.
I think my biggest surprise however was how much different the new shifter felt. If someone told me the tranny had been replaced, I'd probably believe them. Funny how the mind works. Really makes me want to get my RS steering wheel on!
The stereo? What can I say. It's great to be able to concentrate on the drive without fiddling with CD's/radio stations all the while listening to your favourite tunes! I'm such a slug when it comes to this stuff.
Hope everyone who's been hiding from the winter gets to enjoy a nice drive soon as well-BRING ON SPRING!
Tim.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

It's been a long winter in Vancouver all right ... and nice to get out today. For me it was to finally get around to loading up the new top-end and rings. What a thrill to feel how these things ran when they arrived from the factory :-) Looking forward to longer days and everything that comes with them.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

This weekend was great!!!

I took out the C4 for her first Auto-X (totally stock car), then came home & took out the C4s, & drove her most of the weekend!

Today is nice also, to bad, we will see rain for the next 10 days!!!

Got any pics of the shifter? I've been thinking about changing out the C4's.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 AM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish i could have joined you on that drive Tim. Just got too many things on the go with my car.
I started up the car this evening to check the new starer with the four O2 sensors dangling underneath the car. X-pipes should arrive sometime this week so I continue struggling with all the rusted bolts on the current exhaust - I'll probably end up breaking or cutting them. Also the Ruf wheels should be finished later on this week - curb rash repaired and finished with the new paint and clearcoat. Then the Kinematic Clutch Lever update / bleed the fluid. Brake fluid flush. And many other things on the go.......
Hope to join you on the next drive and check out you're upgrades......
Old 02-19-2008, 03:56 AM
droy3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny thing. I was in North Cali last week on business and I got back on Sunday to about the same weather!

BTW, if any of you locals run across a reasonable deal on a coupe please let me know!

Regards,

Doug

Quick Reply: First proper drive with mods-FINALLY!