Sponsored by:

Holt Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Porsche70T
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Holt Motorsports

I read some positive comments on this board about Holt Motorsports and after talking with Tim find him very knowlegeable about P cars and selective in the cars that he sells. I don't have a good feel for prices and was wondering if those who have purchased from him would say that he sets his price expecting to negotiate or are his quotes pretty firm? Also, has anyone used his services to locate a car and did it end up being a better way to go than something already on hand? Thanks, and looking forward to my next Porsche.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:13 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Resellers like Tim usually have higher prices than you would pay in a private transaction. Acquiring his
kind of stock and getting it all in one place requires effort and expense. After covering all the expenses
then comes the profit. I bought my '96 C4 from Tim and have been reasonably satisfied with the
purchase. There is a little room to negotiate but not alot. Be sure to get a PPI and don't have
unreasonable expectations. All 993's are ten years and older now. Even with a PPI there are no
guarantees. Enjoy the hunt!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:55 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

not to be confused with www.holtwheelsmotorsports.com
Old 02-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Obie1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also purchased my 96 C4 from Tim last summer. I am very happy with the experience. Prices are a few thousand higher than most dealers but I feel that it is worth it since he is very selective about which cars he purchases. Many cars he takes a pass on wind up at Victory or Daniel Schmidt.
There is some "wiggle" room on the price but not much.

JD
Old 02-09-2008, 04:49 PM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am happy with the car I purchased from Tim, and would buy another from him down the road.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:36 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Justin Keenan
I am happy with the car I purchased from Tim, and would buy another from him down the road.
Same here!
Old 02-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Ty Smith
Instructor

I bought mine from Tim a couple of years ago. Great Cars there...

P.S. ---> Mine Happens to be for sale
Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

I am very happy with my Holt 993.
He might wiggle some but not much.
Good luck.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:19 PM
catchacab
Instructor

Bought my 993 from him 19 months ago, good experience!
Old 02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Porsche70T
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses. Tim relates that he can tell if there is a compression problem when he drives a car, but can do a compression test if requested. Did you have him do a compression/leak down or is there an indy in his area that is recommended for an indedpendent PPI?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
fb47243
Too Old To Remember My First Time
Lifetime Rennlist

Try calling Performance Auto in Malvern PA for PPI. (no affil)
Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

I fully reccomend Bill Boys at Possum Hollow Motorsports.

He did my PPI, and Tim knows this guy too.

Bill and Gary at Possum Hollow are 2 of the nicest and most professional guys you could hope to get to work on your car.

To put this in perspective, I travel from NYC to PA to get my car serviced. These guys are excellent.

No affiliation, but if you meet these guys you'll understand. Professional excellence.

Phil
Old 02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought a 1995 C2 Coupe in Slate Grey/Linen w/32k miles for $44k sight unseen last April. Had the 17" Cup wheels with wheel rash, etc. A premium price for a slightly better than average car. Car had yellowed lenses and horribly fogged over fog lights.The right fender was poorly repainted and the front bumper put on poorly. I was told that the carpets and interior were like new. Tim forgot to mention the coffee and/or cola stains in the back seat carpeted areas that never did come out. The gear shifter was in terrible shape. The clear guards in front of the wheel guards were discolored, etc.

My fault in the end for not going to see the car before I purchased it. If I were you, I would look into http://rpmsportscars.com/ Ray Joseph. I have never purchased there, but I understand he sells what he claims. He fixes/replaces what needs to be done to make the cars warrant their asking price.

As for Holt, go and see the car first. I understand I am very particular, but the car was not represented in the correct light. Especially for what I paid.

My two cents.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 PM
cesar
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche67T
Thanks everyone for your helpful responses. Tim relates that he can tell if there is a compression problem when he drives a car, but can do a compression test if requested. Did you have him do a compression/leak down or is there an indy in his area that is recommended for an indedpendent PPI?
Tim had said that my car was fine, but I opted for the PPI at Performance Automotive and sure enough, the numbers were fine. It was a nice piece of mind to have.

The guys at Performance couldn't believe how nice the car was.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
cesar
Racer

Originally Posted by rol607

As for Holt, go and see the car first. I understand I am very particular, but the car was not represented in the correct light.
My two cents.

If you are very particular, I would even go see any car at Ray Joseph. Not saying anything bad about Ray Joseph, but just that anyone who considers themselve very particular MUST go and see anything they are buying. Even if it's brand new. Just my 2 cents.

Everyone's definition of "perfect" varies widely....ask me how I know.

Quick Reply: Holt Motorsports