Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by melman911
P.S. Chris...I STILL WANT THEM!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
I don't see much point dredging up the past. Sure they've made some power claims that may be questionable, but we're not dummies. Just look past the hype and consider their products for weight reduction purposes. They certainly work in that regard.
Eric,

I agree up to a point. However, I think quite a few people here go under the often accurate premise that the best predictor of the future is the past and would appreciate a vendor, especially one being a Rennlist Site Sponsor, being more forthcoming and relying less on hype.

FYI, I have Supercups and like them. I have also spoken to Joe in the past, was treated very well by him and have no personal issues with him.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:56 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

I have a Fabspeed catbypass on my 944 turbo (fit perfect) and my 993tt (did not fit perfect). I am overall happy with those products, but it seems that many 993/tt owners have found significant issues with fitment. This is important information for those looking to buy.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:14 PM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
perfect for the street is stock headers, Fabspeed or Cargraphic cat by pass and stock mufflers, for more noise use RSRs
Bill, That's the answer I needed ! I'm 1/2 way there !!
Thanks !!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

This is Joe Fabiani @ Fabspeed Motorsports.
Much of this animosity is unnecessary in this forum and what I can see is being pushed by competitors of Fabspeed Motorsports. I am not going to battle it out. You can see our shop and facility and we have 14 employees working 2 shifts.
Joe Bock, a 23 year old employee, made the original post under my name, and did not make certain portions clear enough in terms of weight savings. For example, our 993 sports racing catalytic converters are all “slip-jointed” for adjustability, where either the female flare or male ball flare are connected to the ends of the catalytic converters. In these kits, I added 90 degree turn-outs so a customer can slip these on the ends of the catalytic converters and eliminate %100 all mufflers for track events and to save maximum weight.
A couple of points I would like to make. The white 993RS in the photo is my 993RS CLONE "C stock" race car. Many of you that have done drivers ED and PCA Clubracing on the East Coast from Sebring to Mosport have seen this car. Club Racing rules changed and eliminated 993RS C stock clone cars and given that my 8 old year son’s and 10 year old daughter’s various sports and etc...........I have not been to the track very much.
On my 3.6 liter 993 cabriolet and the 3.8Liter ANDIAL built 993RS Clone, the X pipe that I designed and tested over 5 years ago LOST -2.5HP versus our straight pipes at the rear wheels as measured on the Dyno. This is why I sell only straight pipes for 993, 996, 997 sport race catalytic converters and catbypass pipes. The straight exhaust flow makes more power and works better. I have watched this forum and seen how some people/companies have pushed products in certain niches like the 993 and have stated that their products make more power than Fabspeed and that ours are lousy and as the 1st Rennlist sponsor John D signed up and a long-term Rennlist sponsor I put photo evidence showing our X pipe that was NOT as effective as our straight pipes.
The 993 cars engine management systems will automatically self adjust and calibrate for reduced backpressure with NO Chip or tuning required. From 1995 to 2000+ Rafael LLopiz dominated "E" and "D" stock PCA clubracing by running striaght catbypass pipes and Supercup mufflers with a CUP style airbox and a stock chip and on the chassis Dyno the fuel/air ratio stays just fine. All other 1996 to 1998 Club race cars air/fuel ratio were also fine. A custom chip for street and DE cars can add additional HP on top of that BUT is not mandatory.
Fabspeed designs, builds and manufacturers its systems in the USA. I import from Germany, 200 cell Tri-metallic sports race catalytic converters as they work and don’t break. I contract out certain complicated C.N.C. bending services, laser cutting, waterjet cutting to firms with super sophisticated equipment as $100,000 hobby style benders don’t work very well and making certain parts in house like flanges, o2 sensors and tooling for tips and injection moulded air boxes can’t be done in house.
If anyone would like a tour of Fabspeed Motorsports USA and or would like to schedule and installation feel free to call or email. I have been a Porsche Club member since 1986 and look forward to meeting all of you. I hope to get out to the track in 2008!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:56 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank for posting Joe.

Just to clarify...you said the X-Pipe you designed gave you 2.5hp LESS than the cat bypass pipes mentioned above, correct?

So the X-pipe actually gave you a HP increase of 9.5hp as compared to the 12hp of the straight bypass pipes?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Correct.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 RS Clubsport
This is Joe Fabiani @ Fabspeed Motorsports.
Much of this animosity is unnecessary in this forum and what I can see is being pushed by competitors of Fabspeed Motorsports. I am not going to battle it out. You can see our shop and facility and we have 14 employees working 2 shifts.
Joe Bock, a 23 year old employee, made the original post under my name, and did not make certain portions clear enough in terms of weight savings. For example, our 993 sports racing catalytic converters are all “slip-jointed” for adjustability, where either the female flare or male ball flare are connected to the ends of the catalytic converters. In these kits, I added 90 degree turn-outs so a customer can slip these on the ends of the catalytic converters and eliminate %100 all mufflers for track events and to save maximum weight.
A couple of points I would like to make. The white 993RS in the photo is my 993RS CLONE "C stock" race car. Many of you that have done drivers ED and PCA Clubracing on the East Coast from Sebring to Mosport have seen this car. Club Racing rules changed and eliminated 993RS C stock clone cars and given that my 8 old year son’s and 10 year old daughter’s various sports and etc...........I have not been to the track very much.
On my 3.6 liter 993 cabriolet and the 3.8Liter ANDIAL built 993RS Clone, the X pipe that I designed and tested over 5 years ago LOST -2.5HP versus our straight pipes at the rear wheels as measured on the Dyno. This is why I sell only straight pipes for 993, 996, 997 sport race catalytic converters and catbypass pipes. The straight exhaust flow makes more power and works better. I have watched this forum and seen how some people/companies have pushed products in certain niches like the 993 and have stated that their products make more power than Fabspeed and that ours are lousy and as the 1st Rennlist sponsor John D signed up and a long-term Rennlist sponsor I put photo evidence showing our X pipe that was NOT as effective as our straight pipes.
The 993 cars engine management systems will automatically self adjust and calibrate for reduced backpressure with NO Chip or tuning required. From 1995 to 2000+ Rafael LLopiz dominated "E" and "D" stock PCA clubracing by running striaght catbypass pipes and Supercup mufflers with a CUP style airbox and a stock chip and on the chassis Dyno the fuel/air ratio stays just fine. All other 1996 to 1998 Club race cars air/fuel ratio were also fine. A custom chip for street and DE cars can add additional HP on top of that BUT is not mandatory.
Fabspeed designs, builds and manufacturers its systems in the USA. I import from Germany, 200 cell Tri-metallic sports race catalytic converters as they work and don’t break. I contract out certain complicated C.N.C. bending services, laser cutting, waterjet cutting to firms with super sophisticated equipment as $100,000 hobby style benders don’t work very well and making certain parts in house like flanges, o2 sensors and tooling for tips and injection moulded air boxes can’t be done in house.
If anyone would like a tour of Fabspeed Motorsports USA and or would like to schedule and installation feel free to call or email. I have been a Porsche Club member since 1986 and look forward to meeting all of you. I hope to get out to the track in 2008!

My $0.02. You and any competitors on this board need to take the high road and stop bashing each other. Period. I'm not referring to Robin Sun, either, for I think, back in the day, he put himself above the fray of all of this, if I recall correctly.

BTW, I'm not saying that your products did not help Rafael Llopiz, but saying "From 1995 to 2000+ Rafael LLopiz dominated "E" and "D" stock PCA clubracing by running striaght catbypass pipes and Supercup mufflers with a CUP style airbox" is like me saying that I won at Summit because I was on Fikse wheels. Yes, I won, but no one can say it was due to the wheels. Rafael won mostly because he's just a very good driver, which holds true for most of the winners in our level of club racing.

I think choosing your words carefully would go a long way to helping your public relations. Some might say the same of me, but I'm not selling anything here.

Also, Mark is not writing this post. This is Mark's wife.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:24 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 316 Posts

Thanks Joe F.

I will see you this spring for the 200 cell sport cats. I already have your Maxflo muffflers & super cup air box on my 95 cab.
The sound is superb.

Regards
Rich
Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the reply Joe. I've been looking at sport cats from a variety of sources. Wondering how much louder the 200 cell cats with supercups would be over my current setup (stock cat and 1st generation supercups with non-removable baffles). Someone recently posted that this would be too loud for the street. I'm also only a couple of towns away in Villanova.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the cat bypass from fabspeed and have no problem with it. I think it looks kind of agressive from behind.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:57 PM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Thanks for the reply Joe. I've been looking at sport cats from a variety of sources. Wondering how much louder the 200 cell cats with supercups would be over my current setup (stock cat and 1st generation supercups with non-removable baffles). Someone recently posted that this would be too loud for the street. I'm also only a couple of towns away in Villanova.
You should stop on by we could install the 200 cell cats and judge the sound for ourselves instead of trying to speculate what it would sound like.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Joey

I have been interested for some time now with your Maxflo mufflers for the 993. You have dyno them and seen an increase in HP. I won't hold you to a number but there is some increase correct.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
You should stop on by we could install the 200 cell cats and judge the sound for ourselves instead of trying to speculate what it would sound like.

I don't want to drop $1000 plus install fees to find out that it is too loud... are you suggesting that we do it and then you'd remove them if they're too loud at no cost?

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsports Sportcats/Catbypass Pipes