Valve Guide & Top End - In Your Future ~ The Cheap Man Pays Twice

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:33 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by oleg steciw
Lads,

I'm at 126k and still running strong. My oil consumption is minimal and I see plenty of miles ahead of me.

I totally understand the issue here and that these cars are old (mine is 10+yrs) and parts will wear and tear, but for those of you in the 50k-80k mile range, don't be sweating bullets just yet!

The golden question is what I'll do if I need the repair. Money is a bit tight these days, with the economy and having my wife stay home taking care of two little ones (man, shopping at Whole Foods and Baby Gap is worse than buying Porsche parts - LOL!!), so I don't know what I'll do when the call comes. In the end, I probably will take my car to Jerry Woods (as I have been doing for all my major service) and most likely get the job done. I'm hoping it really isn't close to $10k though...

These are beautiful collectable cars - I intend to keep mine for quite some time, so looks like I'm in it for the long haul...

Let's see how I'm doing at 150k miles... ; )
Me too. When one starts looking at 10k+...you can add another few grand, and rebuild the bottom too.

Quick Reply: Valve Guide & Top End - In Your Future ~ The Cheap Man Pays Twice