Sponsored by:

Advise on maintaining 993 value.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 881 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Guess you dont live down south or out west.
here in the San Diego area, which is decently far south and west, cab's definately command lower prices than coupes.
part of that may be because there are a boatload of them driving around.

be safe

craig
Old 11-14-2007, 09:11 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis J.
It doesn't matter where you live, on average, the value of cabs is lower than coupes.
This is just not true ... cabs typically sell for a few thousand more than coupes in Boston, and other US markets I've lived and bought in ... the Midwest, Florida, etc. Targas, too, mostly because they are somewhat hard to find. Look up the black book CPI values (not that they mean anything for real-world prices), it's a function of the original MSRP being $8-10k higher on a cabriolet and $5k more for a Targa. I wouldn't make sweeping generalizations about the US market, I'm sure it's different in Canada.

Mod the car, drive the car ... forget about preserving the value, it's real value is the pleasure you get out of owning it, and to me, that means driving it. I put 12-15k miles per year on my 911s. Do the math in dollars per mile on the depreciation and its well worth it.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Reynard38
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will NEVER get your $$ out of mods. If you are going to sell it leave it stock and either keep the exhaust and wheels for the next one, or sell them seperately. You'll come out better that way.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

I just finished my long search for my dream car. A 993 coupe. While looking all over the west coast(I live in Portland), I found most for sale were cabs. A lot were located in the Northwest. They seemed to be priced the same as a coupe with similar miles, even though the cabs sold for 8k more msrp.
I also don't think you will get one extra penny for doing the mods. Save the goodies for the model you really want.
I just sold a very tricked out Harley. I sure didn't get much extra for the tricks.
Good luck!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Sell the Cab ASAP (before it depreciates anymore) and get the 993 Turbo by far the best ROI. If you want the best get a RUF. (No mods required) As "they" have said don't add a ride height adjust or the B&B - waste of money. But sell the Cab!

Quick Reply: Advise on maintaining 993 value.