993 Forum 1995-1998

SOLD my supercharged 1995 993C2

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SOLD my supercharged 1995 993C2

Just watched it drive away and I must admit I was sad to see it go. While I love my new car more, and it is much more practical for me since I have no mechanic skills, seeing it leave made me aware of how each Porsche is an individual. It was almost like watching one of your kids go off to college or something. Oh well, the new owner loves the GT2 look and I know it will have a good new home. Hey, now I have some money to lower my new car and do a couple of other mods.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Just watched it drive away and I must admit I was sad to see it go. While I love my new car more, and it is much more practical for me since I have no mechanic skills, seeing it leave made me aware of how each Porsche is an individual. It was almost like watching one of your kids go off to college or something. Oh well, the new owner loves the GT2 look and I know it will have a good new home. Hey, now I have some money to lower my new car and do a couple of other mods.
Congrats Larry.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Way to go. Someone got a sweet deal.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Yeah, no kidding. I would have LOVED to get a car like this. Polish the rough edges, change the interior color, and you got quite a winner.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Congratulations! Will the new owner visit us on Rennlist?

Cheers,

mike
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

He said he would introduce himself and post pictures, but of course you have already seen them. Al is a nice guy and he used to have a 993 C4. Says his Rennlist name is AVA. He got a sweet deal and I am happy it's not going to sit outside all winter or be on my insurance.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Tell him to post up cuz i can look at 993's all day long!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
You can say that again!! Congrats!!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Joseph65
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you think of your 993 TPC supercharger?

Did the supercharger make a big difference and what problems if any did you have with it?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats... think i'd really miss a 993 esp. face it: 993 looks kill
Old 11-10-2007, 02:11 AM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Yes, a sweet deal it is.
Hello all. It's good to be back! As Lary mentioned I've owned a 95 midnight blue C4 from 2001 to 2003. I was planning on installing a TPC SC in 2003, but my wife and I were blessed with twin boys, so I decided to sell before I did something stupid on the track and wreck it, which at that time I wouldn't have been able to afford to replace it, if insurance didn't cover. After I sold it, I purchased an E36 M3 that I tracked for 2 years. I mainly participated in hot laps and time trial events with PDA/NASA/Motorsports North East. The M3 was a great car for the money, but I am a P car guy at heart and decided to sell the M3 and hold out for the right P car. As soon as I opened the link to Larry's for sale post on Rennlist Classifieds I knew this was the car for me. I realize the hardcore Porsche enthusiasts will say it's a poser and Porsche and superchargers just don't go together, but I could not justify spending $55k-$60k on a TT and take it on the track. I considered an early 996 TT with 50k miles for under $50k, but I just couldn't take the plunge as the driving experience and looks did not excite me enough to spend that kind of money and risk doing damge to it on the track. I've always loved the 993 look so this was an easy decision, especially in white and with the GT2 aero kit. I know I made the right decision as soon as I drove it out of Larry's driveway. Larry, when I waived goodbye to you, I sensed your sadness and it reminded me of when I watched my C4 drive away.
So now that I finally found my new toy, the fun will begin. First thing is to give it some TLC. Those yellow stone guards need to go immediately! Next up will be a new set of wheels for the street. ( OtherEric, I will be sending you a PM about those Speedlines for sale. Those are exactly what i'm looking for.) If anyone has or knows of a roll bar for sale, please let me know. As for the blue interior, it looks much nicer in person and goes well with the white exterior. I would love to convert to alcantera, but money will be better spent on maintenance and performance mods. When I first test drove this car a month ago, I was not very impressed with the performance from the SC. I guess I was taking it easy being that it was someone elses car. My perception quickly changed when I dorve it home last night and hammered on it. The ride was about 230 miles and I had many opportunities to open it up. I must say that I am pretty pleased with the added power and it feels lighter and more agile than my C4. I plan to add the intercooler from TPC to increase efficiency during the warmer months on the track.
Larry, I appreciate your patience during this transaction. Thanks for everything!
Hope to see some of you at the track this spring!
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

I'm glad it has a new home where it will be appreciated and enjoyed. Let me know when you install the intercooler for I'd be interested in your opinion. Maybe I'll see you at Summit Point next spring. I'll be ordering the new shocks this week so I'll be ready for spring. Thanks for the tip about the Kuhmo tires for the track. Now I need another set of wheels.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

someone got a good car.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Thanks Alvin but it was not in your league my friend. Sorry I never had the chance to meet up with you while I was living in the Bay area. Didn't have the Porsche out there but my new car came from El Dorado Hills, Cal.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:27 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

I love the color and the way it was done

Quick Reply: SOLD my supercharged 1995 993C2