993 Forum 1995-1998

Stage 2 mods from Imagine Auto for 993. Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by brucec59
Not to be a ****, but I gotta ask (cuz I couldn't find it on their web site), if airbox, mufflers and a chip is "Stage 2", what is "Stage 1"? Air freshener and fuzzy dice?
LOL. Great question. I think they start out with windshield banners and anodized aluminum valve caps.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Why not just buy a spare engine and be done with it?

Seriously, Mel, I never had any pinging issues with the Rennsport Systems/GIAC chip that I had in my car. You can bet, if and when I move to C class, I'll be calling Steve Weiner to send over a 100 octane chip. The chips work, but the difference is not night and day.

TheOtherEric did a DAS-based test that showed an open, cup-style airbox yielded a few more ponies. To me, that's better than it taking away a few ponies.
lol...Mark..u rock!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:16 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mel
Personally if you are considering spending $1,700 and looking at what else has been done to your car, I would be inclined to wait until you need a new clutch and put a little on top of your $1,700 and install an RS Clutch and Light Fly Wheel......bang for the buck it is the best money I spent outside of the suspension (but you already have decent suspension). The spool up is dramatically faster with the light fly wheel....you really can feel the difference.....no it does not increase horse power just removes several pounds of the internal inertia.....do a search and you will see what others say......on your car....a 95 I see you may need to change the ISV setting (details elsewhere) to avoid stalls......
Old 10-19-2007, 06:27 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by brucec59
Not to be a ****, but I gotta ask (cuz I couldn't find it on their web site), if airbox, mufflers and a chip is "Stage 2", what is "Stage 1"? Air freshener and fuzzy dice?
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I'd call these mods more like Stage 0.5. But then again, their numbering might put me at Stage seven.

Mark would be around Stage 26.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Mark would be around Stage 26.
Huh? It runs in a stock class, donchaknow.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:43 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL! Fuzzy dice brother with the coconut air freshner is the stage one. Very good! Honestly that WAS funny!

I would be inclined to wait until you need a new clutch and put a little on top of your $1,700 and install an RS Clutch and Light Fly Wheel
That's more than likey what I think I will decide on. I have the car going in for service (recommended). Chain boxes are leaking (ouch). Porsche center here in San Antonio say the have to drop the enigine for that. Someone else told me they don't have to drop the engine. That is the reason for thinking about the "mods". Would like to do everything at once. Hate taking the car in.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Marlon

Thanks for the tip! Honestly for me it's not that easy DIY. I'm just not that mechanically inclined. I'm thinking of taking the car to two places to get the work done right now. Porsche center here in San Antonio and Mike Callas's place in Sealy TX (Rennsport). Porsche center gave me a quote of around 4k to do the 90k service, top and lower valve covers and the chain boxes with replacing all the belts (including power steering belt). Sound right. Or am I getting stuck? If it is a good price. Anything else you can recommend getting done while it's in there?

Quick Reply: Stage 2 mods from Imagine Auto for 993. Opinions