Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miishmiish
Edit: yes, same car, the photos of the engine were taken a couple months ago.

Actually the 993 comes with bumperettes even in Europe. The guage only shows celcius, not farenheit. The car is smog certified, and if you invest the $20 and get a carfax, you will see that, and then you can rant with some knowledge behind your faulty accusatory statements. Why would anyone voluntarily take a euro porsche to the U.S. emissions lab to get neutered? The car runs faster and more efficiently the way it is. And yes, I am providing the two sets, I have the original front bumper and lights, the rear bumperettes, and the turbo twist wheels which I plan on getting painted black and putting on brand new tires as a small gift for the new owner. Lastly, I changed my user ID to Euro-Spec-Motoring because that is the name of a 15 year old business I just acquired. I certainly hope it helps sell the car, most successful people use every available tool around them to increase capital.
So the taillights got a tan in the LA sun? I'm kidding. Did you change them out or have them painted for the smoke effect or is it just from the camera angle and shadows?

Btw, as far as I know, bumperettes were only installed on US cars because of Federal regulations, same as why US cars are higher than ROW cars.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...Actually the 993 comes with bumperettes even in Europe...
Actually, it does not.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
mii..

Yeah, I had the taillights customized when I did the bumperette project. My body guy said he can reverse the process if the new owner prefers it.

Edit: just checked UK ebay. No bumperettes. My 76 SC targa and my 84 3.2 cabrio are both euros and they have narrow bumperettes to make room for the plate.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
allill
Drifting

Yeah, I had the taillights customized when I did the bumperette project. My body guy said he can reverse the process if the new owner prefers it.

No, this is my 3rd Euro, they all come with them. Usually they are more narrow but on the 993 it's the same for all. I will check out the UK eBay site to be sure. I am communicating with a buyer in Germany and he also said they come with the bumperettes. Perhaps different countries have different regulations, after all, Europe is a large place.
I don't see how they'd fit their long plates with the bumperettes in place.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 PM
SwissCarrera
Instructor

Another vote for no bumperettes on europe cars - see my post (Susten pass trip) for pics of my car, in Europe, without bumperettes.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,982 Likes on 1,772 Posts

Yeah, the older Carreras had smaller bumperettes but not 993s.

It doesn't seem as though you know what you're talking about, which is why so many people seem to have issues with your auction. That and the fact that you come across as someone to avoid doing business with.

"I WILL PURSUE DEADBEAT BIDDERS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT OF THE LAW AND I WILL GO AFTER YOUR ASSETS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR PAYCHECK, HOUSE, CAR, CREDIT RATING AND ANY OTHER ASSETS I CAN GET MY HANDS ON."

Got a chip on yer sholder do ya?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,376 Likes on 795 Posts

You claim its the pictures, but I've never seen an 18k 993 interior look that bad and I've looked at a ton of pictures of 993s.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
mesa87
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When there is doubt, there really is none...just my $0.02
Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Here are two Euro 911s rears, The older ones have bumperettes, but the newer one do not.
Attached Images   
Old 10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

<<Wrong again, the 993 comes with bumperettes even in Europe.>>

Bumperettes are ONLY on U.S. Spec 993 cars. I LIVE here in Europe, and have seen HUNDREDS of EuroSpec 993s Not a single bumperette to be found front OR rear. Not to mention that there are different part numbers for bumper covers AND even the actual bumper underneath them between US and ROW cars. Now, we recognize that the VIN is a RoW VIN, so just come clean about the car being bashed up in the rear and repainted, and you have not yet put the plates on......

<<This car never went to a U.S. emmissions lab which is where those badges come from. .>>

NO, people are talking about the stickers put on in the factory. There were various ones, but things like the "Mobil 1" sticker, the firing order sticker, the oil recommendation sticker, etc. were installed AT THE FACTORY, and lazy, low quality body shops don't bother to get them and put them back on after a repaint. And the primary reasons that that area of the engine bay would need to be repainted would be heavy accident damage or color change.

I would recommend that you don't come on this board and try to tangle with the collective knowledge of people here. You'll just come up looking stupid if you try to bull**** us....there is simply too much collective knowledge and experience among all of the members, not to mention that we all pretty much have significant reference materials (factory manuals, parts listings, reference books, etc.) at our fingertips.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 392 Posts

Isn't this the one that was completely re-painted due to being left out in the elements for most (all?) of it's life? If so, that could be part of the reason why the interior looks like it does.

Either way, the seller already has bids for more than it's likely worth considering no history, no records, condition and odd mods, so bully for him!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
bv shady
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this the same car you posted8/12/2007 at 9:26am where you said"black on black, front body kit and I just got the whole thing repainted very nicely in original porsche metallic black"?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:28 PM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimbo3
Isn't this the one that was completely re-painted due to being left out in the elements for most (all?) of it's life? If so, that could be part of the reason why the interior looks like it does.

Either way, the seller already has bids for more than it's likely worth considering no history, no records, condition and odd mods, so bully for him!
If there happens to be a new owner of this car and he or she gets on Rennlist, they have a ton of surprises waiting for them!

Here's your chance to come clean!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

6) White gauges are aftermarket too, not original silver Porsche gagues with the warning light cutouts?

6) Wrong again, gauges are silver. Bad photography or a lousy computer monitor may make them look white, but they are silver, as explicity mentioned in the listing.
Here the OEM vs. aftermarket gauges. Your gauges are not factory.
Attached Images   
Old 10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
dotcomhusker
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Avenger6
<<Wrong again, the 993 comes with bumperettes even in Europe.>>

Bumperettes are ONLY on U.S. Spec 993 cars. I LIVE here in Europe, and have seen HUNDREDS of EuroSpec 993s Not a single bumperette to be found front OR rear. Not to mention that there are different part numbers for bumper covers AND even the actual bumper underneath them between US and ROW cars. Now, we recognize that the VIN is a RoW VIN, so just come clean about the car being bashed up in the rear and repainted, and you have not yet put the plates on......

<<This car never went to a U.S. emmissions lab which is where those badges come from. .>>

NO, people are talking about the stickers put on in the factory. There were various ones, but things like the "Mobil 1" sticker, the firing order sticker, the oil recommendation sticker, etc. were installed AT THE FACTORY, and lazy, low quality body shops don't bother to get them and put them back on after a repaint. And the primary reasons that that area of the engine bay would need to be repainted would be heavy accident damage or color change.

I would recommend that you don't come on this board and try to tangle with the collective knowledge of people here. You'll just come up looking stupid if you try to bull**** us....there is simply too much collective knowledge and experience among all of the members, not to mention that we all pretty much have significant reference materials (factory manuals, parts listings, reference books, etc.) at our fingertips.
Here here!!!! Well said. In a lion's den, guys in lion costumes gets mauled... -j

Quick Reply: 1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????