Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Supercharger and a 993

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Reynard38
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Liqiud to air intercooler on my Turbo'd E30. The rads are mounted under the bumper and it has it's own fluid seperate from engine cooling.
On a 80 degree day after 25 laps (30 minutes) or HARD driving the intercooler and intake were cool to the touch. No heat soak whatsoever.
Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Reynard38
Pro

One nice thing about modding the E30 was I started with a $2000 car. When it comes to messing around with the "S" I get a little worried. I agree that the Ninemeister heads appear like a great solution, but there is no support for them on this side of the pond. Something about not being able to reprogram the 88 pin ECU. Or maybe he's worried about a someone copying his idea and selling it for half the $$. Let's face it if it really worked the market here is a LOT bigger than the UK.
I can tell everyone from experience on the E30 that what you want is a true bolt-on solution with 100% backing of the manufacturer and great customer service. Anything less will be a real PITA. I have read enough negative comments on TPC to not trust them. When you have to get the SC from one source and then go somewhere else for a reprogram, intercooler or whatever you will spend endless amounts of time and $$$$$.
Here in the states we can't even get a decent aftermarket chip from what I have been reading.
I've decided to not mess with the 993 powerwise except for exhaust and maybe a regear. Anything else looks like opening Pandora's box.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:22 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

My first experience with a liquid intercooler was over 10 years ago when my friend and I drag raced Buick Turbo V6 Grand Nationals. We experimented with a liquid intercooler coupled with an igloo ice cooler to keep the water ice cold. This worked out well for the 10 sec 1/4 mile run once we dealt with all the water leaks! This obviously would not work for road course applications, so the next best thing is a radiator with redline water wetter added.
Until someone on this board who actually tracks a supercharged 993 comments, its all speculative. And I am not referring to the average driver running in an HPDE event for 20 minute sessions. Is there anyone out there that runs in the top groups and time trial events?
All I know is, after owning a 993 C4 and now owning a supercharged C2, there is no returning back to stock. I can tell you, it is worth it, even if it is not as efficient and effective as a real 993 TT.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
zero26
Advanced

i cant wait to get my TPC supercharger
Old 02-07-2008, 12:47 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by zero26
i cant wait to get my TPC supercharger
In the meantime, maybe you can fix your sig. Wow those are really big.

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger and a 993