Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

All of the beatdown"? One post? "Lighten up Francis
+1 C'mon....."beat down" ......."social mutants"
Old 09-28-2007, 02:25 PM
mleds
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update. BOB AND I ARE ON VERY GOOD TERMS. There were indeed many things not shipped to me that I had paid for. I believe that this was an accident. Then I only had one number for Bob, that I had successfully used to contact him for years and successfully used to place my order a few months ago. Then I tried to contact him on the same number with 15 calls over a 2 month or so period to see what was going on with this order. I could not contact him and had to purchase many of the same parts twice. This was frustrating and put me out more $$$. I should have checked on RL to see if he had a new shop, and wish that I had done that a month ago. Bob is now in the process of making me whole. I was a loyal customer when I drove from L.A. to San Francisco to have Bob install my suspension, and will remain one. I am happy if this thread goes away (as Martin suggested). Sh%& happens.
Michael
Old 09-28-2007, 02:33 PM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Sh%& happens
Ahh so true.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by melman911
Ahh so true.
And that's on a good day.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

My experience in the past with Bob was terrific, and I'm glad this was a simple misunderstanding. Long live the brookster.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
I was speaking big picture, as it seems pretty consistent that comments by non-members are dismissed or otherwise beat down by someone, somewhere, in a thread.
Ken,

You paint a picture as if anytime a non-member posts, their input is inevitably and inexorably met with derision. Although there have been occasional spates of membership browbeating in the past, which, IMO, I don't think applies to MarkD's post, for the most part, the 993 board respects the input of users and members alike.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:07 PM
lowblow
Racer

Wow. It's amazing how quickly a sterling reputation can be tarnished. Here is a guy, (VB), who has helped anyone who has needed it in the past with no questions asked and no strings attached. He is fortunate enough to be advancing his business, which in turn causes him to be very busy and maybe "fall behind" in his communications, and now he's a no good S.O.B.

Like the old cliches go...."Yesterdays touchdowns don't win todays football games", "your only as good as your last job", "no good deed goes unpunished", etc.

I'm glad it worked out. I know what its like to be overwhelmed with excessive responsibility from time to time.

mike
Old 09-28-2007, 06:01 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 258 Posts

As Michael Vick might say, I don't have a dog in this fight.

However, I'll make one comment. First I don't know Viper Bob. I've sent questions regarding suspension to him. However, nothing in this thread would stop me from doing business with him. In fact, I'd be more likely to do so from the feedback of other board members here. It sounds like many of you are his friends. That is good because there is nothing better than constructive comments from a friend; even if it's on an internet site. It's all in the delivery and how it is taken.

Everybody gets busy from time to time. As a technical person, I often focus on the technical more than the administrative. If there is an issue with communication, constructive comments to improve this area should be taken as that; a constructive comment. Not mentioning it does not help anyone. Perhaps you can do a friend no better service than remind him to work on this area. From the perspective of a customer, nothing is worse than not knowing or not hearing back. Human nature tends to think the worst. The very comments being made regarding communication may in the long run help his business grow. I've seen several business run by technically competent, great individuals run into issues for some management or admin issue. I don't know the solution, perhaps an automated reply to acknowledge receipt of an email, but it sounds like he will work through these issues.

I would not be concerned at all that this thread puts Bob in a bad light. Personally, I'd much rather do business with an honest person where the end result is predictable; maybe not in the timeframe initially expected but predictable non the less. From all you are saying, it is.

My totally unbiased opinion and I'm done.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Napa Valley Realtor
Intermediate

I would like to chime in here on the topic of "deleting this post"

I am a noob, I only drove a 911 for the first time yesterday (See my post)

But I would like to make observations from a newbie prespective, that many of you long timers may not be seeing.

First off I do not think you should delete this post because this is what I have learned from it:

#Viper Bob is a long standing RL and has helped alot of people in the past out of the kindness of his heart. A man who does favors without expectation of payment, but rather just for a thank you, is a good man in my book.

#Viper Bob is not great with customer communications, and if I were to spend several thousand dollars on parts through him and then have trouble contacting him, I need not worry too much, as this is just something that happens and will be worked out in the end.

#Viper Bob is a stand up guy who is now doing his best to correct the problem. As such I would expect that he likely would do the same for me, which makes me feel very secure in doing business with him.

Honestly, reading this post has made VB someone I would likely do business with after I purchase my 993.

I also think, that for someone who has not read this post yet and ends up doing business in the future with VB, seeing this may calm their nerves. If this is something that happens on occasion when working with VB, this thread may actually be helpfull to him in the long run.

I know I am a newbie, and I am not trying to tell the vets here what to do in anyway. I just want people to see what what someone who has never even heard of VB takes from this post about him.

I am glad everything is now working out for you.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:04 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob is aces and he'd be the first to say leave this post up..my bad...he's that solid a citizen.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
melman911
Rennlist Member

"Yesterdays touchdowns don't win todays football games"
I love that! Never heard it before.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:03 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
My experience in the past with Bob was terrific, and I'm glad this was a simple misunderstanding. Long live the brookster.
My experience was the same, all positive....
Old 09-28-2007, 09:42 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

And I still say vote with your wallet.....

And by supporting VB, you are saying, "We know you and we like you".....

Now lets just have a big huddle (both member and non) and hug each other.......next
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Napa Valley Realtor
I would like to chime in here on the topic of "deleting this post"

I am a noob, I only drove a 911 for the first time yesterday (See my post)

But I would like to make observations from a newbie prespective, that many of you long timers may not be seeing.

First off I do not think you should delete this post because this is what I have learned from it:

#Viper Bob is a long standing RL and has helped alot of people in the past out of the kindness of his heart. A man who does favors without expectation of payment, but rather just for a thank you, is a good man in my book.

#Viper Bob is not great with customer communications, and if I were to spend several thousand dollars on parts through him and then have trouble contacting him, I need not worry too much, as this is just something that happens and will be worked out in the end.

#Viper Bob is a stand up guy who is now doing his best to correct the problem. As such I would expect that he likely would do the same for me, which makes me feel very secure in doing business with him.

Honestly, reading this post has made VB someone I would likely do business with after I purchase my 993.

I also think, that for someone who has not read this post yet and ends up doing business in the future with VB, seeing this may calm their nerves. If this is something that happens on occasion when working with VB, this thread may actually be helpfull to him in the long run.

I know I am a newbie, and I am not trying to tell the vets here what to do in anyway. I just want people to see what what someone who has never even heard of VB takes from this post about him.

I am glad everything is now working out for you.
NVR,
Well spoken! (from one Realtor to another).

Now get busy with your 993 search. The end result is very satisfying

Andreas
Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Bob has save my cookies on several occasions. I would highly recommend him!

Quick Reply: Viper Bob - Not very responsive