Sponsored by:

WTB Battery Maintainer.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
D_Schultz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude68
-1 on Battery Tender. I had one crap out after a couple years. The "Junior" model actually lasted longer.
You know they have a 10 year replacement guarantee don't you? Actually, I had one fail after 5 or so years of use (probably overheated under the back hatch of my 928) & had forgotten about the guarantee. When I bought a new one, it had a card inside that reminded me
Old 09-21-2007, 06:51 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D_Schultz
You know they have a 10 year replacement guarantee don't you? Actually, I had one fail after 5 or so years of use (probably overheated under the back hatch of my 928) & had forgotten about the guarantee. When I bought a new one, it had a card inside that reminded me
Apparently, I didn't. If that's the case, they're the way to go, hands down. Hard wire the ring terminals to your battery, push in the hood latch to shut off the light, connect the bullet plugs and you're good to go.

But for christ's sake, don't forget to release the latch from under the dash before shutting the hood before driving. I'd hate to think...
Old 09-21-2007, 11:38 PM
henkinc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I searched on eBay and they had "Battery Minder" but none Porsche-=specific. Is that it? It was much cheaper and seemed generic.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:29 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

I've bought this last year and am very happy with the performance.
It's CTEK US800 for about $40 on ebay...
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

This is the one I have
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUI...spagenameZWDVW

this one is nice but expensive:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

and this is the one I was referring to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
I have had Battery Tenders on all 4 of my Porsches. I permanently mount it next to the battery and make a extension cord that tucks under the carpet and that I pull out from the hood when I need to use it. As it is thin, just shut the hood on it - no need to deactivate the light or switch. Paid $30 for a Schumacher unit on sale at the local FLAP last year.
I have also been toying with this idea. Another possibility would be to have the cord attached somewhere under the front bumper cover or even inside the wheelwell somewhere and then just have a simple female-male connector, once in the garage or on the parking lot. Makes things very easy, no need to open the hood or anything. Hardly even noticable from the outside, thus less attention paid to the car. Plus it makes your battery last much longer and the easy-to-use factor means that you will use it more frequently, even if you will only have the pcar parked for 2weeks or so. Just need to find the right product to mount under the carpet next to the battery. Any ideas??

Quick Reply: WTB Battery Maintainer.....