Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you Paint your RS Side Skirts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008 | 07:19 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That would be fun - I need to go back and look at your list showing how you got all of that weight out of your car. I am way (pun alert) above your weight.
Old 01-07-2008 | 07:26 PM
FLA997
Drifting

lol....

Rick,

you'd have to go thru alot of the threads beyond the list i posted...lexan and CF hood were a big help.

Non-sunroof roof in a couple weeks- FINALLY - should knock off another chunk.
Old 02-07-2008 | 02:25 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Funny you should mention the skirt tabs breaking easily; all of the passenger's side broke, so the skirt droops away from the body a bit.
Well, I found a fix for this.
I tried trim adhesive (SealAll from Eclectic Products) from AutoZone and it worked fine. Need to follow the instructions (good idea) and then make sure to hold the skirt against the body; I used a couple of floor jacks padded with some rags, then pressed the skirt (this gets weirder by the minute) up and left it overnight.
Holds great sitting in my garage; hopefully will still hold on the track.
Be careful to not let the adhesive smear where it is visible as it won't come off.
Old 02-14-2008 | 09:17 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Well, the car is at the painter and I was resolved to mount the RS skirts in black since that had not arrived.
Today a rather lengthy box from Germany arrived and a quick call to the painter confirmed the car has not seen paint yet. So, they will be heading down for a spray Saturday and I'm very happy.
The skirts are pretty intracate in design and I'm sure the molds took a lot of work to develope, but $1000 for the pair...ouch.
I purchased everything on Bill's BOM and hope to have a straight forward install. I will post my first 993 pictures once complete.

J
Old 02-15-2008 | 02:04 PM
MB965
Rennlist Member

I would make sure the tabs on the side skirts fit the holes in the body before painting. The factory quality control on the side skirts sucks. These tabs are hand worked (at least mine were) and did not fit the holes. I did not test fit them before painting so I had to trim the painted parts with a razor blade after painting...not fun. I had to return my first set of side skirts because two of the tabs were broken off in shipping.

Mike

Quick Reply: Would you Paint your RS Side Skirts?