993 Forum 1995-1998

Driving Position / Side Pocket

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Question Driving Position / Side Pocket

Is it just me, or do others find your left elbow bumping into the side door pocket in some driving situations? Has anyone modified this? Do I need to reconsider my driving position? Thanks, Doug
Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, never.

G.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You must hold the wheel down near the bottom. Or have 40" arms.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

It's never bothered me. You could install RS door panels, which have no pocket.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks for the input ... I definitely hold the wheel at 3 & 9, and may be allowing my elbows to hang out a bit far or something? ... I have no more rearward seat travel (Recaros), but could go for a bit more tilt back to create some room?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hold my wheel a bit higher and my biggest problem is when I am commuting or on a long trip I rest my elbow on the top of the door panel. The trim piece there is not wide enough to get my whole elbow up onto unless the window is down, so the way I end up resting my elbow, the corner of the top of the door fits in the groove in my elbow and it starts hurting if I do it for too long.... does THIS happen to anyone else?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amfab
I hold my wheel a bit higher and my biggest problem is when I am commuting or on a long trip I rest my elbow on the top of the door panel. The trim piece there is not wide enough to get my whole elbow up onto unless the window is down, so the way I end up resting my elbow, the corner of the top of the door fits in the groove in my elbow and it starts hurting if I do it for too long.... does THIS happen to anyone else?
Same problem here!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 PM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 09-14-2007, 12:02 AM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

TOTALLY!

Quick Reply: Driving Position / Side Pocket