Notices

Driving Position / Side Pocket

Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
the_buch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Question Driving Position / Side Pocket

Is it just me, or do others find your left elbow bumping into the side door pocket in some driving situations? Has anyone modified this? Do I need to reconsider my driving position? Thanks, Doug
Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
g_murray
User

Nope, never.

G.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

You must hold the wheel down near the bottom. Or have 40" arms.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
TheOtherEric
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's never bothered me. You could install RS door panels, which have no pocket.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
the_buch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the input ... I definitely hold the wheel at 3 & 9, and may be allowing my elbows to hang out a bit far or something? ... I have no more rearward seat travel (Recaros), but could go for a bit more tilt back to create some room?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hold my wheel a bit higher and my biggest problem is when I am commuting or on a long trip I rest my elbow on the top of the door panel. The trim piece there is not wide enough to get my whole elbow up onto unless the window is down, so the way I end up resting my elbow, the corner of the top of the door fits in the groove in my elbow and it starts hurting if I do it for too long.... does THIS happen to anyone else?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Black993
Super User

Originally Posted by Amfab View Post
I hold my wheel a bit higher and my biggest problem is when I am commuting or on a long trip I rest my elbow on the top of the door panel. The trim piece there is not wide enough to get my whole elbow up onto unless the window is down, so the way I end up resting my elbow, the corner of the top of the door fits in the groove in my elbow and it starts hurting if I do it for too long.... does THIS happen to anyone else?
Same problem here!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 PM
V
Super User

+1
Old 09-14-2007, 12:02 AM
brucec59
Addict
Rennlist Member

TOTALLY!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: