Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Driving Position / Side Pocket (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/377907-driving-position-side-pocket.html)

the_buch 09-13-2007 12:53 AM

Driving Position / Side Pocket

Is it just me, or do others find your left elbow bumping into the side door pocket in some driving situations? Has anyone modified this? Do I need to reconsider my driving position? Thanks, Doug

g_murray 09-13-2007 10:43 AM

Nope, never.

G.

RallyJon 09-13-2007 10:52 AM

You must hold the wheel down near the bottom. Or have 40" arms. :D

TheOtherEric 09-13-2007 12:08 PM

It's never bothered me. You could install RS door panels, which have no pocket.

the_buch 09-13-2007 01:18 PM

Thanks for the input ... I definitely hold the wheel at 3 & 9, and may be allowing my elbows to hang out a bit far or something? ... I have no more rearward seat travel (Recaros), but could go for a bit more tilt back to create some room?

Amfab 09-13-2007 01:35 PM

I hold my wheel a bit higher and my biggest problem is when I am commuting or on a long trip I rest my elbow on the top of the door panel. The trim piece there is not wide enough to get my whole elbow up onto unless the window is down, so the way I end up resting my elbow, the corner of the top of the door fits in the groove in my elbow and it starts hurting if I do it for too long.... does THIS happen to anyone else?

Black993 09-13-2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Amfab (Post 4571889)
I hold my wheel a bit higher and my biggest problem is when I am commuting or on a long trip I rest my elbow on the top of the door panel. The trim piece there is not wide enough to get my whole elbow up onto unless the window is down, so the way I end up resting my elbow, the corner of the top of the door fits in the groove in my elbow and it starts hurting if I do it for too long.... does THIS happen to anyone else?

Same problem here!

V 09-13-2007 05:29 PM

+1 :)

brucec59 09-14-2007 12:02 AM

TOTALLY!