Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Moving to Columbus

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Brett B
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy, what areas are you looking at? I'm sure you have heard the horror stories about the M/I homes developments and crashing values/forclosures due to predatory lending.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John H
"Trust your car to EPR"
614-873-3401

EPR Automotive
7972 McKitrick Rd
Plain City, OH 43064
Thanks John!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 PM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brett B
Andy, what areas are you looking at? I'm sure you have heard the horror stories about the M/I homes developments and crashing values/forclosures due to predatory lending.
Brett, we are looking north of town at this point. I will be out there for a month or two on my own and will take some time to learn about the area. At first glance we are checking out Dublin and Powell. We also found a nice place we are going to check out in Delaware. Any other recommendations are welcome. We are going to be out this weekend to look around, find me a temporary place to live, and get the kids out for the first time.

I have heard lots of stories on the home values and forclosure issue. The market is very slow at the moment. I hate selling houses.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Brett B
Advanced

Andy, Powell is growing fast and is a good choice if you don't mind being a bit north of things. I'm looking for a larger house so I have been out there lately and have been surprised how much it has changed. Dublin is a good area but is highly congested pretty much all the time. Powell doesn’t have the claustrophobic feel that Dublin sometimes does. Also check out Westerville, a nice area that is not as congested as Dublin if you stay away from the Polaris mall. Seems you can get a little more for your dollar in most areas of Westerville as well. Upper Arlington has good schools but it is an old money area and very expensive. All of my friends who live there are pretty much house poor.

The M/I homes subdivisions seem to be the #1 offender for crashing values thanks to foreclosures of neighboring houses. I think if you stay away from their developments you will be pretty safe for the next time you have to sell. I have a few friends who are in that situation, they purchased a nice new M/I home a few years ago and already know they are going to lose big if they try and sell.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 228 Posts

GO BUCKS! I lived in Columbus for 5 years when I went to school. I took my (then a Benz) car to Midwestern and was happy with their service.

Quick Reply: Moving to Columbus