Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well bought C4S - 993 values softening?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
jfk308
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well bought C4S - 993 values softening?

A '96 C4S came up for sale on the Pelican site. 55K miles, polar silver on black and sold for $ 37K. I spoke to the seller. Car has no SAI issues, recently serviced and no issues found. Clean Carfax. Car is still listed in the cars for sale section on Pelican - lots of good photos, and a nice looking car overall. It sold too fast, so didn't get a chance to travel to see it or do a PPI. First person to see the car bought it with no PPI.

Despite discussions about higher 993 values, these cars are changing hands for what seem to be more reasonable prices. Could it be that 993 values are finally softening?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

They are definitely getting softer, but that was a steal and the market responded with a quick sale! I would say that it was an anomaly.

But I'll bet you money that the buyer will submit to Bruce Anderson!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by jfk308
A '96 C4S came up for sale on the Pelican site. 55K miles, polar silver on black and sold for $ 37K. I spoke to the seller. Car has no SAI issues, recently serviced and no issues found. Clean Carfax. Car is still listed in the cars for sale section on Pelican - lots of good photos, and a nice looking car overall. It sold too fast, so didn't get a chance to travel to see it or do a PPI. First person to see the car bought it with no PPI.

Despite discussions about higher 993 values, these cars are changing hands for what seem to be more reasonable prices. Could it be that 993 values are finally softening?
I saw the ad the first day it went up and knew it wouldn't last long. From the way the ad' was written it doesn't appear that the seller was a pcar buff..could be wrong..
Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Let's keep an eye to see what this one sells for. I bet it won't be there long.

http://roslyn.porschedealer.com/preo...ntoryid=336383
Old 09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plus, with the added weight and mechanical complexity, the C4S doesn't seem to be any more desireable than an C2 (all else being equal). It's the C2S that many still lose their minds over, for some reason.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Once over a certian mileage, (30k or so?) the value seems to start to drop but I believe lower mileage cars are still holding their value well.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
YellowBull
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dcdude68
Plus, with the added weight and mechanical complexity, the C4S doesn't seem to be any more desireable than an C2 (all else being equal). It's the C2S that many still lose their minds over, for some reason.
I don't know of anyone that would pick a C2S over a C4S. Personally, I'd take 4 wheel drive over 2 wheel drive any day. In addition, the middle line on the rear spoiler is very distracting on a C2S.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YellowBull
I don't know of anyone that would pick a C2S over a C4S. Personally, I'd take 4 wheel drive over 2 wheel drive any day. In addition, the middle line on the rear spoiler is very distracting on a C2S.
Well let me just say that you're one in a million. Unless you make it a daily driver with light snow, most will pick 2 wheel drive. As for the split grill, it's a question of taste but then again, most people change for the split.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The widebody prices do seem to fall off fast with higher (higher than "low" that is) mileages. But that particular car was priced for quick sale for sure.

I wouldn't draw too many inferences about the direction of the 993 market based on highly motivated sellers who price low, or based on rich guys who can't be bothered to offer their car, so dump it to a dealer for 30% or more less than it's worth.

Well bought, indeed!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YellowBull
For one - me. I would not own a C4 or C4S. They are no fun to drive on the track, weigh more, and I live in the south so weather is not an issue. Just my .02
Old 09-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

"it sold too fast" and "first person to see the car bought it with no PPI" says it all. I don't understand why a seller who either had to sell fast or didn't know what he owned and therefore sold below market value would cause someone to question if prices are softening.

If you really want to know what 993s have sold for in the past and are selling for currently, look up the thread on pricing and pull up the spreadsheet on 993 transaction values.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
Let's keep an eye to see what this one sells for. I bet it won't be there long.

http://roslyn.porschedealer.com/preo...ntoryid=336383
I actually saw this one in person when swung by the dealer over the weekend. Seemed fairly clean, but I doubt they will get that price. Would be nice if they do though!

This one caught my eye however...but there was some minor front end damage. I like Slate Grey.

http://roslyn.porschedealer.com/preo...ntoryid=338832
Old 09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
techno99
Racer

Originally Posted by Crimson Nape Racing
For one - me. I would not own a C4 or C4S. They are no fun to drive on the track, weigh more, and I live in the south so weather is not an issue. Just my .02
Guess you've never driven a C4S at the track in the rain. Now that's fun.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by techno99
Guess you've never driven a C4S at the track in the rain. Now that's fun.
I have. I like to do my imitation of Jim Rockford/Starsky & Hutch/Dukes of Hazard; that is, hang the back end out. Can't do that with 4 wheel drive. It just hooks up and goes what fun is that?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:10 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arrwin
I actually saw this one in person when swung by the dealer over the weekend. Seemed fairly clean, but I doubt they will get that price. Would be nice if they do though!

This one caught my eye however...but there was some minor front end damage. I like Slate Grey.

http://roslyn.porschedealer.com/preo...ntoryid=338832

I was wondering about that one too. I love the slate.

What kind of front end damage did it have? Do you mean like rock chips, or an accident?

For that mileage, the pricing on the turbo didn't seem half bad.

Quick Reply: Well bought C4S - 993 values softening?