MAXSPEED PEDAL REPLACEMENT

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAXSPEED PEDAL REPLACEMENT

Hey guys
Nello, the owner, emailed me this weekend to tell me that others also had an issue with the install of the dead pedal. He is going to manufacture a new one and send it to all who bought one from him.
Can someone better qualified than me (that means pretty much everyone else ) send me/him specs for him to redo the pedal?
Nice to see someone standing behind his product.
Thanks
Ron
Old 08-27-2007, 10:58 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 95FL993CAB
Hey guys
Nello, the owner, emailed me this weekend to tell me that others also had an issue with the install of the dead pedal. He is going to manufacture a new one and send it to all who bought one from him.
Can someone better qualified than me (that means pretty much everyone else ) send me/him specs for him to redo the pedal?
Nice to see someone standing behind his product.
Thanks
Ron
I have a rennline dead pedal in my car. I'd be willing to send to him to duplicate. PM me his contact info and see if he would work with that.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

I spoke with Nello. I'm going to ship him my rennline dead pedal tomorrow. He said he will fabricate new ones for everyone. I did not get a time estimate, but he implicated that it would not take too long for him to accomplish.

G
Old 08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

Thanks G
He really seems to care about customer service. Glad to see it is not just lip service.
Ron
Old 08-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

Thanks for the follow up, Ron. Your pedals look great in your car. I had the same concern about the fit on the dead pedal. The one we have appears to be the one for the 996 on his website. Kudos to Maxspeed for their response. The quality of the parts is exceptional. I'll install them soon. Anyone have an outlet for the aluminum shifter and parking brake? Group buy? Slippery slope?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred's 964
I had the same concern about the fit on the dead pedal. The one we have appears to be the one for the 996 on his website.
Fred we should have tried it out in the Turbo yesterday! Bring it if you come by to get the mufflers this week. If you dont have to return it maybe we can work a deal
Old 08-28-2007, 12:17 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Let me see if I understand this correctly? A known eBay vendor of Chinese knock-off automotive parts setup a group buy on Rennlist for a product that had never actually been installed in the car the parts were sold for? And now you guys want to send parts to be measured & copied from a Rennlist sponsor in Vermont?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 AM
gr8nine93
Instructor

I got my pedals today and am very impressed with the workmanship. I know nothing about CCC (cheap chinese crap) but if those were built in china this country is in a whole lot of trouble. As to my dead pedal it is between 1-2 inches too long---HOWEVER I NEVER RESTED MY FOOT ON THE FACTORY DEAD PEDAL CAUSE IT IS TOO FAR AWAY FOR MY TASTES The new pedal forces the pedal closer to my foot. All it needs is some 1.5 inch screws, tho I might grind an inch or so off. In defense of MaxSpeed. SOmetimes a small time manufacturer does not have the budget to buy every car to test products on and makes the erroneous assumption that the 993 996 and 997 are the same. I mean they look very similar. I would cut him some slack. Its all good if he replaces my dead pedal and no biggie if I have to do a little cutting myself. I recently posted a mod I did on a leather center armrest taht cost me only $199. I did not mind spending an hour to save $250 over the Bird. The manufacturer was grateful for my input---which I have to say is more than I got here. Hmpf!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:32 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Let me see if I understand this correctly? A known eBay vendor of Chinese knock-off automotive parts setup a group buy on Rennlist for a product that had never actually been installed in the car the parts were sold for? And now you guys want to send parts to be measured & copied from a Rennlist sponsor in Vermont?
While I don't condone the copy of someone's work or product were just talking basic measurements here, not stealing the design or any technology. Personally, I don't think that's a big deal. Just out of curiosity, are you sure Rennline is a sponsor? I don't see them listed on the sponsorship list.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
While I don't condone the copy of someone's work or product were just talking basic measurements here, not stealing the design or any technology. Personally, I don't think that's a big deal. Just out of curiosity, are you sure Rennline is a sponsor? I don't see them listed on the sponsorship list.
Whether Rennline is a current or past sponsor is largely irrelevant. There are examples of both (Vertex, Suncoast, ZeroTek, VividRacing, etc. etc) that are selling the same crap which doesn't make it anymore right. When you buy this stuff all you're doing is encouraging places like Shanghai Anma Automobile Accessories Co, Ltd. or Ninghai Jaband Piping Auto Parts Co., Ltd. to manufacture even more. Helping them out with dimensions and examples of other peoples products is even worse. These companies started out with simple things like Porsche toe hooks that didn't quite fit properly (sold on eBay), pedal sets (from the group buy and sold by others on eBay) with rubber inserts that fell out a year later -- check the 996 forum, and then worked their way up to poor copies of Recaro seats and the latest is 3-way adjustable shocks and PiWiS diagnostic computers. The last thing we need is more eBay junk!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Fred's 964
Racer

Default Keeping perspective

OK, Ron took the time and put in the effort to arrange a group buy for this group, as some others have for other items. Thanks, Ron. Obviously people wanted this product. The vendor gave a discount and is willing to work with the purchasers to ensure they are satisfied with his product. So far so good. I understand the concern over one company copying another's product, but Maxspeed can correct the problem without stealing anyones secrets. Don't you think every company making these has probably inspected everyone elses product already? They would be foolish not to. God forbid if they learned something from their competitors.... No reason to reinvent the wheel. As for Chinese products, I do hate to see our industries going to China for products, but let's face it, if we only knew how many things in our homes were made in China, we would probably $hit a brick! If we know something is made in China, we can choose not to buy it. Companies don't exactly advertise it. So many things we think are made in the good ole USA really aren't. I guess that's what you get with free trade. It's a good thing we aren't boycotting German products!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

I didn't think about the potential implications of sending someone else's product. I suppose that I would be pretty miffed if someone copied any of my ideas. However, it seamed like the easiest way to get the measurements to Maxspeed. Nello stated that we was going to take some quick measurements and send back to me. I would have driven my car over to help him out if I were in Vermont, but that was not possible. I hope they fabricate their own design twist with these dimensions and keep it in line with the design of our current pedals, which appear to be constructed quite well. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes... was not my intention... only thought I'd help out the group since I had dead pedal and was going to replace it as I didn't like the color (black).
Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 AM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

I wil email Maxspeed and convey the concerns as well.
Ron
Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 149 Posts

I'm with J.A.
I think Chinese products are a curse on the world, and felt my skin crawl when a member offered to send a quality part as a pattern. Just my 2Cents, and obviously I chose not to participate in this group buy and kept my checkbook in my pocket.
However, keep up the good Rlist work...our group buys are usually great!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Whether Rennline is a current or past sponsor is largely irrelevant. There are examples of both (Vertex, Suncoast, ZeroTek, VividRacing, etc. etc) that are selling the same crap which doesn't make it anymore right. When you buy this stuff all you're doing is encouraging places like Shanghai Anma Automobile Accessories Co, Ltd. or Ninghai Jaband Piping Auto Parts Co., Ltd. to manufacture even more. Helping them out with dimensions and examples of other peoples products is even worse. These companies started out with simple things like Porsche toe hooks that didn't quite fit properly (sold on eBay), pedal sets (from the group buy and sold by others on eBay) with rubber inserts that fell out a year later -- check the 996 forum, and then worked their way up to poor copies of Recaro seats and the latest is 3-way adjustable shocks and PiWiS diagnostic computers. The last thing we need is more eBay junk!
I would be willing to bet that you own far more Chinese made products than you realize. While some of it is crap, some is actually pretty good quality. It is unfortunate that western nations can't compete on price with the Chinese, but you are saying virtually the same things people said about Japanese products in the 60's & 70's. I would rate my Toyota 4-Runner as better that most of the crap that comes out of Detroit these days, and apparently so would the majority of America, which is why Toyota is now the number one selling automobile manufacturer in the U.S., while Ford, GM & Chrysler can hardley keep their heads above water. I promise you I could have bought any of the American vehicles for less money, but chose quality instead. Fitment issue on the deal pedal aside, I have owed the Maxspeed pedals for about 8 months and I am still very happy with the quality of the product. All my little rubber inserts are still in place, but then I guess that I still have 4 more months to go. I would agree that sending a competitors product to be measured probably wasn't the best decision, but as someone previously stated, manufacturers study their competition all the time, even in western nations. If you don't like Chinese products, then you are free to vote with your wallet. Just don't look down your nose at the rest of us until you can honestly tell me that you don't own anything made in China.

Quick Reply: MAXSPEED PEDAL REPLACEMENT