Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:12 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree with Jeff and Don, as long as your car is painted non-metallic the
techniques they describe should work. If you are not comfortable doing it
yourself a good restoration shop specializing in older cars and originality
would have the "feel" required for wet sanding the repair.

As for the offending vandals; may the fleas of a thousand camels infest
their arm pits...
Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That absolutely sucks.

I know it's really no consolation, but I can tell you that my car was deeply keyed (front quarter panel) while in possession of the first owner. Because the paint is metallic it could not be filled, so they had to repaint the panel that was keyed and the adjoining panel to "blend."

I have to say, it looks pretty damn good-- https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=34752. [SEE POST #623, at page 42] To a casual observer it's almost impossible to tell that it was ever repainted unless you know what to look for. So, all is not lost, I guess, even if they can't fill it as people have suggested.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
AShearer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Marlon
One thing going for you - black is easy to match:^) It could also be wet sanded and polished out??? Hopefully. Maybe the shop can even fill the scratch - let it dry - then wet sand it out??? You might get an entire car sand & polish to ensure eveness of the repaired area with the rest of the car. I truly eel for ya' man...

+1 I would at least let a good; REAL good detailer work on it first.
Real bummer.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
M491
Racer

That's teh suk, man!

Agree with the others, though. You're lucky it is black. Get a really GOOD touch up man/detailer type to give it a shot. Based on your pics, a good 60% or more of those scratches can be polished out. The deeper parts can be filled in and polished so that it would be next to impossible to tell.

Go that route. You can always get it repainted later down the road, but you only have the original paint once.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 AM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

what a crap /////////

fu... loosers ... this kind of people makes me use my 993 less than i should ...

sure a good paint shop will fix it ///

i understand your dissapoiment ///// why people do this sort of things ..??
Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Devinwhite
Instructor

Default UPDATE 9/6/07 Posted Pics. Car got KEYED...

UPDATE 9/6/07 Posted Pics. Car got KEYED...
After being quite pissed, for obvious reasons, my therapist said let it go.. (Just kidding) so I found a very reputable company that will take care of my car the proper way. The owner of the company owns a very nice Porsche Turbo Red Slant nose and Lambo. I figured while I’m getting the door fixed I mine as well have the front bumper’s little cracks fixed and painted. I This will happen tomorrow morning. I figured while its off I want to eliminate (fill in) the front bumperets. I’ve done a quick search on how to fill in, but didn’t seem to find a “this is how to do it”. Anyone have any good links.
I need to print it out and take it to him by tomorrow morning by 8:00 AM. Any help is appreciated.

I’ll post pic’s when finished. Cheers-
-----------------------------------------------
I’m so pissed!!! My car got keyed by some scum sucking pig of a person.. To that person who did this. I hope you die of a venereal disease…

With that said, I pulled my car out of the garage yesterday to wash it. I get out and do the usual walk around just to look and pull little peaces of dirt or grim away from the paint. I get around to the passenger door and noticed something that looked like a 10” to 12 inch string of white gum stuck to the door. What I found was a 12 inch key / sharp object scratch in a convenient “S” pattern. No one deserves this!!!! I never ever take two parking spaces and do my best to avoid any advertising and I usually park in the back 40. Why do this to someone?

So now I’m looking for some advice on finding a shop in Oregon (probably in Eugene or Portland) that will know how to fix it correctly. I had Precision Body & Paint (Portland Oregon) look at it and they suggested painting the whole right side. They seem to know what they are talking about but is that really necessary?

Help! My car is a 96 993 Black / Black C4S with 65k miles. The paint is all-original and in pristine condition. Suggestions. I’ll post pics later..

Quick Reply: Posted Pics. Car got KEYED...