Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Posted Pics. Car got KEYED...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:30 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That totally blows...sorry to read that. They should be shot. No judge, no jury, straight to execution! Some people can be such F-ing jealous bastards!!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bill d cat
.....because whoever did this is a loser. He was a loser before he did it, he's still a loser today, and the odds are about 100:1 he'll still be a loser when his cardboard casket finally rolls into the crematorium.

FWIW I had the front of my Volvo (173,000 miles, original clutch) resprayed because of stone chips and they still had to do some fancy blending on adjacent panels because the paint had faded. And the car is white.

As vandalism, this should come under your insurance comprehensive. So at least you should only be out of pocket for the deductible.
+1

Sorry to hear about the "keying". My only advice is to get it fixed asap so you do not get pissed everytime you see it.

Some bitch keyed mine. And they are just jealous....that's it. They are losers and will always be losers. And you might not have done anything to deserve it either. Once my wife and I were walking out of a mall one night and watched some POS walk through the parking lot and just rake his keys over a hood of a Subaru.....a Subaru. We got the guys plate and left a message on the Subaru. We were contacted days later by the Tucson PD and told them what we saw. They told us that the guy who owned the car that we saw drive away was "well known" to the TPD. Never heard anything past that. People are A$$holes. I can understand why people are recluses...
Old 08-25-2007, 09:53 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I feel so sorry for you.....pictures??? These people are just so ....... I cant find words for it......
Old 08-25-2007, 10:55 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's face it: to outsiders, brands like "Porsche," "Ferrari," and "Rolls Royce," are HUGE, almost mythical icons worldwide that are instantly associated with "rich a-holes."

993 is even worse. Many of us have received what I perceive to be the ultimate compliment: "Is it new?" is a testament to the lasting beauty of the design, but also makes us twice as likely of a target
Old 08-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 703 Likes on 390 Posts

Years ago I had a brand new Lexus LX470, less than 6 months old, that got keyed starting on the passenger's side of the hood going all the way around to the driver's side of the hood - he got every panel.

I almost had to go to therapy to get over it - I was so angry for months afterwards. Matter of fact, just re-thinking about this I think I am having a relapse. In any event, I am not a violent person, but I would have given my left ******** to catch that SOB.

Rob

ps That ******** thing was just a figure of speech! I like my boys.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

This is a perfect case for La Costa Nostra. You need to engage the services of your local Sicilian friends to help solve your little problem.
And I mean solve it.

Uh, yeah, ok - I keyed that car. Do I really have to get into the trunk? Um, why is there a sheet of plastic in here? Huh?

Last edited by jdistefa; 08-25-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
gr8nine93
Instructor

I don't know the circumstances but you know how crazy it is in PDX around Burnside and third on the weekend but the way I minimize that exposure is flipping the parking lot attendant five and telling him there is another five when I return to an untouched car. Last night the car was at 2nd and Washinton till 1AM sitting right by the the attendant shack. DId not look breathed on. I never had a dounbt. To answer your question I have had several cars painted by Brad at Black Forest Restoration. He re-painted my Pacific Blau 83 SC . COst in California----S12k Cost at BFR $6500. COurse he may give me really good prices cause I am a good customer. Price is reasonable and the work is outstanding. Tell him I told you. Ralph
Old 08-26-2007, 10:05 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate hearing stories like this. Don't worry Devin...that person(s) will get theirs...karma is a bitch.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:07 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear about the keying.
I park at Wallmart, home depot and all the other class stores with mine and never had as much as a door ding. Of course I drive a 964 and a 996 so nobody is jealous of them
Old 08-26-2007, 03:13 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
That totally blows...sorry to read that. They should be shot. No judge, no jury, straight to execution! Some people can be such F-ing jealous bastards!!!!

+1...after they have been choked within a breath of their pathetic lives, repeatedtly for a week, turned into a quadraplegic and then been dumped out of their wheel chair on a public road!!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:00 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cars bad enough but someone had to go and key that mirror you keep in your garage too?!??. The humanity.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:20 PM
gr8nine93
Instructor

Yeah, the thing that gets me is that a previous post mentioned if it has a Pcar crest it is owned by a rich aholte. I like to tell people that I boiught my 993 for about what you would pay for a loaded Camry!
That often shuts them up.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OUCH!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Jeff Ward
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default +1 on repairing this without repainting the whole panel

Hi Devin,
Sorry about this thing happening, but I would hope you can save the original paint. I have repaired scratches like this, the most memorable on a gorgeous Aetna Blue 356 notchback coupe some years ago. The method I used was pretty much what others have mentioned above.
What I did was to carefully tape along each side of the scratch. Then I actually used a small paint brush to dab matching paint into the scratch. It took several coats, allowing plenty of drying time between each coat. Once I was satisfied that I had built up the paint thickness above the scratch, I peeled off the tape. Then I carefully blocked sanded with 1500 grit paper (wet) just until it seemed smooth. After that a light buffing and it was done.
You have a fighting chance with non-metallic paint. I don't think this process would work with metallics. The worst problem I see with your scratches is that there are some wide areas, which will make it a bit more of challenge to fill evenly with the paint. But hey, if you try and it doesn't work, you haven't made things any worse. Best of luck, Jeff
Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about your misfortune. Really a shame.

As others have said, there are two ways to go: Big time respray or fill the scratch. My vote is fill the scratch - or at least try before committing to the time and expense of repainting.

I've done rock chip repair on a metallic paint Carrera where you could not find the defect. It takes a good color match on the paint, lots of patience, and lots of patience. This article is a great resource for the basics. I simplified it and it worked fine.

If your car is clear coated (I assume), you just need a little bit of color, then build up above the surface with clear. You don't want the color to get into the edge of the clear coat if you can avoid.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Posted Pics. Car got KEYED...