Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Water on rear left side foot passenger on a Targa 993

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

water leaks (after looking at the obvious seals etc.) are ususally caused by blocked water channels (in door/A-pillar etc) by debris, sometimes by paint (if repainted), or after accidents/body repair...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:15 AM
carrera79
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank's all, I will keep the underfoam out of the car
fred
Old 09-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Boosted330
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i just discovered the same problem on my car when washing it. in my back seat on the right(passenger) side. there was a textbook on the floor and the bottom was wet, the top of it wasnt, so the leak is definitely coming from the bottom. ive only driven the car once in the past week and didnt drive it in the rain.

oh yeah i have a cabriolet, not a targa
Old 09-02-2007, 06:03 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted330
i just discovered the same problem on my car when washing it. in my back seat on the right(passenger) side. there was a textbook on the floor and the bottom was wet, the top of it wasnt, so the leak is definitely coming from the bottom. ive only driven the car once in the past week and didnt drive it in the rain.

oh yeah i have a cabriolet, not a targa
Note necessarily ... it can leak in any of the window seals and make it's way to the bottom (and from there soak into your textbook) by running down the pillars and/or under the rear seats ... that undercarpet acts like a big magnet to sop it up
Old 09-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There's a water barrier sandwiched between the metal of the door and the inner door panel. Make sure it's well sealed against the door metal. Basically on the outside of the barrier things are "wet" and on the inside things are supposed to be dry. Getting rid of the water leak is important as there are various computers located under the seats.

Quick Reply: Water on rear left side foot passenger on a Targa 993