Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price check - 95 with 90,000 miles & repaint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:23 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
Scat - un-pinch your panties. Don't know about you, but we are all adults here and must temper what we hear against our life experiences when making decisions. Lot of bogus info going around - but my observation on that particular car still stands. My guess is that the car being discussed would not have sold to the potential buyer you just whined to anyway. Would you prefer a paper kleenex or cotton hanky?
wow, that seems awfully personal.

and we are NOT all adults here. I never claimed to be and likely never will be. At least that is my goal. Aim high, I say.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
scat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
Scat - un-pinch your panties. Don't know about you, but we are all adults here and must temper what we hear against our life experiences when making decisions. Lot of bogus info going around - but my observation on that particular car still stands. My guess is that the car being discussed would not have sold to the potential buyer you just whined to anyway. Would you prefer a paper kleenex or cotton hanky?
Lighten up Francis...It was just a joke...
Whats your obsession with man wearing panties anyway...
Geeez!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

90k miles is nothing on a 993, although you may need to do the valve guides depending on the oil consumption. If Jerry Woods cared for the car, it was in very good hands; I would talk to Jerry and ask him about the car and what the owner's atttude about it was, if it was "Do whatever it needs," I would feel very comfortable with the car; have Jerry do a PPI for you. The repaint, if done properly, is just icing on the cake. Have another good body shop look it over and give you their thoughts on the quality of the work. Mid-high 20s would seem to be appropriate if the car looks and runs brand new.

Sometimes a repaint can have hidden advantages; I owned a 95 C4 cab that was repainted by the original owner due to sun fading (single stage paint and outside daily in Florida). The car was colormatched and clearcoated and that paint was apparently much, much harder than the original factory paint, it didn't pick up a single rock chip in the time I owned it, and I drove it from Florida back to Boston right off the bat.

Quick Reply: Price check - 95 with 90,000 miles & repaint?