Sponsored by:

readiness codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Lee
SUCCESS!!!!!! I used the BMW procedure. It really, really sucked and that 15 min. on the hwy. keeping it under 60mph and 3k rpms was the longest 15 min. of my life. Holding the clutch down to idle in gear for 5 min. sucked too. In fact, it all just SUCKED. But I ran my codes and only one, the O2 sensor, came back as not ready. I stopped at an inspection place on the way home and it passed. Now I am registering my car for two yrs. and have none of this worry about again until then. Whew! Thanks!
First, glad to hear it worked.
Second, I realize the last step says to idle w/ car in gear for apx. 5 min. but I suspect that's only for auto trans cars, at least I did not idle in gear w/ clutch in, I just let it idle in neutral. It worked for me.

Again, glad you're done w/ it for 2 yrs.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:46 PM
ecobb993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick, great news. Glad it finally passed.

So, did you follow it all in exact sequence or can you actually drive, stop at a stop sign, etc. for the first parts until you get somewhere to complete the next phase?
Important to not exceed 3K rpm, 60 mph and light on the throttle throughout, right?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the steps in the correct sequence, but there was some other driving in between them, as I had to get to each road. The 20-30 mph for 3 min. was tough. I actually had to run a stop sign there to keep it going. And I think slowing down for a right turn at the stop sign may have been messed it up and did not reset my O2 sensor readiness code. After the 15 min. hwy. drive, I had to exit, wait at two lights and find a place to sit and idle in gear. That took some time too.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Lee
I did the steps in the correct sequence, but there was some other driving in between them, as I had to get to each road. The 20-30 mph for 3 min. was tough. I actually had to run a stop sign there to keep it going. And I think slowing down for a right turn at the stop sign may have been messed it up and did not reset my O2 sensor readiness code. After the 15 min. hwy. drive, I had to exit, wait at two lights and find a place to sit and idle in gear. That took some time too.
Great, thank you!

Now I have to plot my route... I see running stop signs in my future too. What a pain.

Quick Reply: readiness codes