Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $80,000
purchase date: November 2014
mileage: 4,000 (yep, 4k miles)
state or country where purchased: USA
Model year: 1997
C2 or C4: C2
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: Guards Red
tip or manual: Manual
NA or turbo: NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car: bone stock
did the vehicle come with tool kit: yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 10 (literally every single record from day 1)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 10
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 10
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 10

The car is literally perfect in every way... well, it needs new front hood struts. Picking it up at the end of the month from the original owner who is a dear friend. Hopefully we've found a price that's fair to both of us; it's not like there are many sales comps. Won't be able to drive it much without impacting value, but it will be driven.

Thoughts / comments?

Thanks.

Edit: Adding pictures for posterity...

Last edited by mathfuzzy; 12-18-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 11-12-2014, 04:00 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 10 (literally every single record from day 1)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 10

The car is literally perfect in every way... well, it needs new front hood struts. Picking it up at the end of the month from the original owner who is a dear friend. Hopefully we've found a price that's fair to both of us; it's not like there are many sales comps. Won't be able to drive it much without impacting value, but it will be driven.

Thoughts / comments?

Thanks.
WOW! 4k miles . I saw a C2 17k mile car going for $70k. So, I think your in the ball park for sure. Enjoy your almost new 20 year old car!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:11 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Thanks! Yeah, it's meaningful to me and a very cool car. Will be the 3rd 993 I've owned after two previous Targas. Very excited.

The one that got away from the same friend was the 'Conda Green 2.2 liter 911S that he sold to Seinfeld. At the time ('97) it also had around 4k miles. The good news is, so I hear, Seinfeld still really likes and appreciates that car.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:38 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Thoughts / comments?

Thanks.
My thoughts?

For $80K you could likely pickup a similar mileage, almost new 991. But why?

-Drive it but keep mileage reasonable, say 2500/year, and the car will hold much if not all of its purchase price IMO.

-Don't drive it and see it probably appreciate some more. And never really enjoy it.

Either way, PLEASE post pics when you get it! Congratulations!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:05 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Thoughts / comments?

Thanks.
This must be a new record for a NB 993. Must be a beautiful car, please post pictures.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:38 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

Wow- 4K miles- I can only assume this was in a collection. This would give me a lot of heartburn, as I'd want to drive the car and even adding a few thousand miles would mean a depreciation hit. We'd all love to see pictures though. Enjoy and SHOW the car- it's probably a terrific concourse car!
Old 11-13-2014, 03:27 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
Wow- 4K miles- I can only assume this was in a collection. This would give me a lot of heartburn, as I'd want to drive the car and even adding a few thousand miles would mean a depreciation hit. We'd all love to see pictures though. Enjoy and SHOW the car- it's probably a terrific concourse car!
Not many miles to be sure, but interestingly, it's been driven / started / very lightly used. I'll be planning to show it next year in area PCA Concourse events. Too bad Parade isn't in Monterrey next year!

And sorry to tease - it'll be after Thanksgiving before I'll have pictures to post, but absolutely will do once I'm able.

Also, and this is clearly a personal preference, but I prefer the proportions of the NB. Although I'm guessing that puts me in the minority and I'm quite sure this is both off topic and there's another thread about this (calling foul on myself before someone else does).
Old 11-13-2014, 05:57 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, and this is clearly a personal preference, but I prefer the proportions of the NB. Although I'm guessing that puts me in the minority and I'm quite sure this is both off topic and there's another thread about this (calling foul on myself before someone else does).
You may be in the minority, but Tim and I are right there with you. IMHO, the NB cars are nicer to drive as well. Looking forward to seeing your car.

Cheers
Joe

Last edited by JM993; 11-14-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 PM
GTGoff
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

purchase price (in USD please) $55000
purchase date 10/15/2014 (somewhere around there)
mileage 74000
state or country where purchased San Francisco (CA)
Model year 1996
C2 or C4 - C4S
Coupe, targa or cab Coupe
color (black)
tip or manual (manual)
NA or turbo (NA)
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.)
did the vehicle come with tool kit (yes)
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit (no)
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) (8)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) (9)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) (9)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) (8)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? (private)
How many previous owners? (3)
Accident history: yes/no?? (yes) PO backed the rear DS corner into someone in a parking lot. Rear bumper respray (though the shop didn't bother with touching the fender, so there's a light scuff remaining that's hard to find)
Please list any factory installed options (power DS)
Please list any modifications (Kenwood receiver)

Last edited by GTGoff; 11-17-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Adding photo
Old 11-18-2014, 02:11 AM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $63,000
mileage: 51,000
state or country where purchased: CA
C2 or C4: C4S
color: Glacier White with Classic Gray leather interior
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): UPDATE: 9 (dealer stamps for most service, contacted dealer and verified service showing on Carfax was done at dealership. Between receipts, service booklet stamps and history confirmed between Carfax and dealership, the car now has a complete service history)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? (dealer)
How many previous owners? (3)
Accident history: yes/no?? (No) Clean Carfax and AutoData reports, however paint meter shows a re-spray to passenger door which was done to high quality and no evidence door was removed/replaced. Must have been cosmetic damage only. UPDATE: I was able to confirm that this work was done by Porsche dealership in 2001 to repair cosmetic damage to door. No accident and done at dealer.
Please list any factory installed options (leather wrapped white painted gauges, white color matched wheels and center caps, hi-fi sound system with CDR-210, litronic headlights, rear wiper, engine sound package)
Please list any modifications (Turbo tail and H&R coil over suspension) UPDATE: I was able to confirm that the Turbo tail was installed by the Porsche dealer per customer request when the car was in for the paint repair on the passenger door in 2001.

I was able to get the complete service history to my car by contacting the Porsche dealership. Time well spent!

A great addition to my 911SC that I have owned for 14 years (and cannot ever get rid of!).

Last edited by myflat6; 01-02-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: updates to my car's info following my research
Old 11-18-2014, 11:44 AM
rrsutton
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $73,000
purchase date: August 2014
mileage: 25,500
state or country where purchased: MO
Model year: 1996
C2 or C4: C4S
color: Black/Black
did the vehicle come with tool kit: Yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: Yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9. All original paint. A few small chips as expected. Clear bra.
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer
How many previous owners? 2
Accident history: yes/no? No
Please list any factory installed options: Carbon shifter & brake handle, carbon instrument carrier/lower dash, carbon door panel inserts, carbon/leather steering wheel - All from Porsche Exclusive Dept
Please list any modifications: Cone filter. Otherwise beautifully stock.
Attached Images   
Old 11-18-2014, 10:50 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

rrsutton,
as someone who was looking for a low mileage C4S since summer, I can say that not only do I believe you got a great price on your car, but it shows just how quickly this market has heated up. I was looking very actively for the past several months and could actually see the market move up in that very short period of time. I could have found cars similar to yours for similar prices back in July/August (when you purchased yours), however you would be hard pressed to find your car at that price in the current market. Others may feel the 993 market has gone crazy, but I personally feel very good about the trajectory. I was only looking for a white car, so it took me longer to find mine and I paid a bit of a premium for that delay (plus a little higher mileage than I would have preferred).
Old 11-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts
Default 1998 C2S Polar Silver/Flamenco Red Interior

purchase price (in USD please)$95,500
purchase date October 2014
mileage 37K
state or country where purchased CA,USA
Model year 1998
C2 or C4 C2s
Coupe, targa or cab Coupe
color Polar Silver
tip or manual Manual
NA or turbo
aftermarket accessories that came with the car Bone Stock
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Private
How many previous owners? 1
Accident history: yes/no?? ZERO
Please list any factory installed options Full Leather ( rare on C2S ) Aero Kit
Please list any modifications ZERO

I put two local friends together….buyer had to have it. Car was on Ebay for BIN of $99,500. Glad the car stayed local.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrrdstr

1998 C2S Polar Silver/Flamenco Red Interior

I put two local friends together….buyer had to have it. Car was on Ebay for BIN of $99,500. Glad the car stayed local.
If you haven't seen it, RLer u7t2p7 started the "New High" thread based on your post.

Is this the 993 you helped your friend get?...

'1998 911 PORSCHE CARRERA 993 “C2S” ONE OWNER CALIFORNIA CAR' auction #121460032146 by eBayer '111deal4u.'
Originally Posted by eBay

Woodland Hills, CA.
Asking price: US $99,500.
VIN WP0AA2997WS320086; Polar Silver with Boxster Red:

...if so, I'm guessing your friend knew exactly what he wanted thanks to you & your ride!
That makes a you a great friend
Originally Posted by Mrrdstr

My 1997 C2S

Polar Silver with Flamenco Red

Old 11-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Thats the one….

Yup! Great C2S +/- few dollars now will be well worth it IMO down the line.

My 2 cents at least

Quick Reply: 993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold