Glare / Reflection on windshield from dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Mc-993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glare / Reflection on windshield from dash

OK, maybe this is just me…

Have any of you had issues with glare or reflection on your windshield that makes it tough to see?

It seems to happen at a certain daylight condition with sun in front of me but up high say like mid-afternoon. I find myself trying to find an angle to view out the windshield to get a clear look.

Visor has no effect and I have tried a few different types of sunglasses, but still an issue.

Anyone, anyone…?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

1. - You may want to ease up on the Armorall. Kidding aside, I had a bad detail recently and they smothered the dash with dressing that made it almost impossible to drive with the glare. No problems after taking a wet towel to the dash.

2. - Buy some anti-glare sunglasses. Maui Jim's are in my to-buy list after trying them on recently while on holidays.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Either you have a light colored dash or your windshield is pitted, causing glare from direct sunlight. I have a black dashboard and don't have issues other than when I'm driving right into the sun.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Mc-993
Advanced

You know, I did have a detail on Saturday, before my drive to Reno... I didn't even think of that.

OK too much going on in my world, I should have caught this.

Hope I am at least providing you all with some light entertainment.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:53 AM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see my shirt in the gauges, but haven't had any windshield reflection problems.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM
993Vision
Track Day

Cool Polarized sunglass lenses

Though it won't eliminate all of the glare from your dash, I strongly recommend polarized sunglasses with a non-glare (anti-reflective) treatment on the front and the back of the lenses. Polarized lenses are very effective at reducing (but not totally eliminating) glare. In an earlier post, someone mentioned Maui Jim's. Those lenses are fantastic, but there are also plenty of others that work as well.

-993vision
I am optometrist...
Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Black993
Drifting

+1 for the polarized lens. I have a set of Oakleys that are polarized and I will never go back to regular sunglasses. The glare reduction is great. Just be careful, its much easier to see into other cars so you may be subject to seeing more unwanted things people do while driving (i.e. picking their noses, etc etc....)

The only downside to them is looking at any type of LCD screen (stero display, etc) as it makes strange colors on the display sometimes
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mc-993
You know, I did have a detail on Saturday, before my drive to Reno... I didn't even think of that.

OK too much going on in my world, I should have caught this.

Hope I am at least providing you all with some light entertainment.

Give the dash a wipe down with a micro fiber cloth and see if the issue persists.

As for myself, never had that type of issue.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 PM
tjhcom
Track Day

Louis is right! After 2+ years with this car, I never had problems until it was recently detailed. The shop used high-gloss Armor All or something similar and the glare was very annoying. I have not used the wet towel yet but will try it in the morning.

Quick Reply: Glare / Reflection on windshield from dash