Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

RS Washer Bottle Pics??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Steve Nagata
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How are you guys mounting the bottle on the car? Double sided tape, welding or drilling?
Old 05-25-2007, 05:57 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ordered condiments yesterday, as stated by Don earlier the bracket is no longer available, a discontinued part, i did not try Sunset yet to see if they have one on there shelf though.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Nagata
How are you guys mounting the bottle on the car? Double sided tape, welding or drilling?
I made a simple bracket from aluminum stock, bolted to the fender. Big fender washer and rubber gasket on the wheel side.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 AM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I am going to do the headlight washer/nozzle delete too... I just received the smaller bottle, etc... I will be looking to see if the bottle could go where the large tank sat. This would simplify the hoses and pump cable. I should be able to make a bracket to do this. What would be the nuts is to be able to run the filler hose to the small tank!! I will be looking at the car later today for this. More to follow as I check this out...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_bock
I am going to do the headlight washer/nozzle delete too... I just received the smaller bottle, etc... I will be looking to see if the bottle could go where the large tank sat. This would simplify the hoses and pump cable. I should be able to make a bracket to do this. What would be the nuts is to be able to run the filler hose to the small tank!! I will be looking at the car later today for this. More to follow as I check this out...
As you can see there is a lot of room up there when the large tank is removed. Filling a smal tank there might be an issue.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but that looks like the intensive washer option on my 964.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

I just got back from the Body Shop and it appears that the best solution is to mount the RS bottle in the bonnet as shown in the first pix of this thread. I will call Sunset and see if a bracket is still available. I will see if I can install the level sensor unit in the tank. It would be nice to know when you are gettin low. I will reverse the washer line from driver side sprayer to the passenger side sprayer. Looks like the hose will reach.

Good thread, Thanks!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was going to get the RS washer bottle and do this project, and then I sort of had an epiphany: How often do I actually need to use the windshield sprayers? I don't drive my 993 on salted roads or in mud bogs, and so I honestly couldn't remember the last time. So instead of rigging up the RS washer bottle, I just removed the stock system very carefully, put it all in a box, and left it at that.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the RS bottle & bracket just sitting on a shelf... I can't bring myself to mount the bracket. I know some people have simply glued it to the car, but I'm thinking rivets. It's the drilling thing that I have the problem with...
Old 11-15-2007, 03:02 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Here you go. For only $9, you can get a few cents worth of window cleaning wipes for your glovebox: http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11207
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
Here you go. For only $9, you can get a few cents worth of window cleaning wipes for your glovebox: http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11207
lolz, for free I just pull into a gas station if necessary and squeegee some filthy water all over my windshield.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:08 PM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump

I understand the Small RS water reservoir does not include the pump? Do you simply re-use one of the pumps from the "normal" water reservoir?

Anything else needed except for the bottle and cap? Did you guys buy the piping separately?

As far as the bracket, I guess you can either get that and rivet/bolt it to the fender, or you can do without the bracket and try to use heavy duty double sided tape. The question is whether the tape is strong enough to hold 1.2liters of water..?
Old 07-09-2015, 11:39 PM
justinliu
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the part number of this RS washer bottle for RHD cars? Looking for the bottle and bracket numbers. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2015, 03:00 AM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

It has been a few years since I did this mod. I was able to mount the pump and the level sensor to the RS tank. I was also able to buy the bracket from Sunset (left hand drive car). The shop was able to extend the hose and wires to make it look OEM. It turned out great, everything hides behind the carpet. Since the tank is small, the low level sensor is a plus. When I have a chance, I will put up some pix.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

IIRC the fender mounted water bottle holds 11 liters of water = 24 pounds of water when full.

If one is in a competition the main advantage is one "knows" how much weight they are carrying with the RS bottle.

I have done the modification twice and both times pop riveted the factory bracket to the trunk wall with 1/4" stainless steel pop rivets. I then used 3M body sealer to cover the pop rivets inside the wheel well. A simple wiring harness can then be fabricated to extend the wiring to the RS bottle.

Quick Reply: RS Washer Bottle Pics??