Sponsored by:

Pelican Parts/Lloyd's Mats Order-- Disappointed in Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007 | 11:15 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
I think this post should be removed.

I dont endorse companies like Dell, Microsoft, Comcast, and the guy who mows my lawn but I had issues with all of them at some point. For every hundred customers of any organization, you will always have a few with bad experiences. Thats f'ing business. People have had bad experiences with my company and bitch and scream to others about us but I have many more that will come to the table and defend me.

Rip Pelican all you want but they have been great to me.

Many people rip Porsche Dealerships. Your defacing a name of the car you drive by doing so but yet again there are many that have great experiences with the dealerships.

Suck up your problems, deal with them, move on. We are talking floor mats here. If you dont, sorry to see your chin is bruised from looking back so many times when it hits your shoulder.

TGIF!!
I gotta agree with this one. I went to the dealership the other day to get the clip for the bottom of the inside door handle actuator. Saw it on the internet for $2, but didn't want to wait. Got to the dealership, total cost: $0.52! That's the cheapest part I have ever bought for any car. I bet it cost more to get it here from Germany than that.
Old 05-18-2007 | 11:52 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

To put a little perspective on this thread, note the following. I posted this thread originally not to bash pelican but to post photos of my new mats. Lloyds mats, and whether they match a cashmere interior, is something that has been discussed recently. In the course of showing those photos, I mentioned as an aside that I was disappointed that the mats didn't come as ordered (with the red 's' and that I didn't know what color they were).

I also said that I was not inclined to go to the trouble to send them back because they were only 115 bucks, the color seemd to work and that if I later decided to get different ones, I would. This is why I didn't contact pelican in the first place. I had no intention of going through the hassle of sending them back. (Sorry to you frugal folk, but for 115 I'd rather not waste an hour or two repagging them, going to the post office' calling customer service etc. Ordering a second set would be easier and more cost effective).

Numerous posters responded by encouraging me to call pelican to make things right, apparently because they had issues in the past So, I decided to call pelican because I didn't want to let down my rennlist friends (j/k) from the board. (If you look back at the post I said something along those lines). My sense was that people wanted me to call pelican because others had some impefect experiences in the past. One person suggested I change the title of the thread to identify pelican as the culprit and not lloyds.

With very low expectations, I contacted judy because someone was nice enough to pm me with her contact info. As it turned out, I was quite pleased (and surprised) by her service and I immediaty posted on this board that she was taking care of the issue.

For some reason, wayne then took it upon himself to intervene and post telling his side of the story, which included both my personal info and a claim that somehow I was at fault because I was impatient about color choice.
For what it's worth, his posts also did not include several other e mails in which I verified the specs for the red 's', or the conversations I had with peronal to make sure it would be done right.

I was unhappy about what waynes post, especially the disclosure of personal info. It should have been obvious from my very first post what the issues were and that color choice was not the real issue. At that point I simply made a choice to take my business elsewhere. Anyway, I see that wayne has redacted his post and hopefully we are past all that.

In the end, I have the mats he originally sent. I probably won't bother to send them back, but I will be ordering new ones spec'd to my liking from suncoast or the guys rally john recommened.
Old 05-19-2007 | 12:25 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
I find in dealing with really good companies, regardless of cause, when there are problems, the answer tends to come back something like this: "We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we could have obviously done better in this instance. We hope that you will allow us to correct this mistake and continue to earn your business". This is taking responsibility for the problem, regardless of all the stupid details. Make it right, earn a customer for life, etc. Don't complain, don't explain...
+1.

I've heard enough. I had no idea so many people have had issues with Pelican. Although I've never dealt with them before, based on the number of people who have had CS issues, I'm inclined to shy away from making any purchases. Like the LA Porsche Dismantlers discussion, threads such as this one are invaluable for helping consumers to decide if they should do business with a vendor.

Rome, I'm really sorry you had so much trouble but appreciate your post.
Old 05-19-2007 | 02:23 AM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rome, I think your last post described the entire situation accurately, and your words and actions were very appropriate.
-Andrew
Old 05-19-2007 | 03:20 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

the guys rally john recommened
That was tongue-in-cheek, as in, "if you think those guys are bad, try these guys." Suncoast seems to be well regarded though.

As I pointed out earlier along with others, the three way order process may be partly to blame. Getting a complete description in writing of exactly what you are ordering, along with a confirmation of that text from the vendor, would seem to be a good idea. Check boxes and memo fields invite error.
Old 05-23-2007 | 10:58 PM
PPo
Drifting

All this over a red 'S'?.... Go buy a red Sharpie, drive the car and keep your eyes on the road... stop looking down at your pretty floor mats...

I feel bad for both Rome and Wayne on this one... seems like they are both trying...

I dunno.... relax Francis...
Old 05-24-2007 | 12:19 PM
Cable0guy
AutoX

Where else do the members shop online?
Old 05-24-2007 | 12:30 PM
porsche fever
Intermediate

I buy from pelican for both my porsche and bmw all the time and never had any problems
Old 05-26-2007 | 07:56 PM
Lizard944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche fever
I buy from pelican for both my porsche and bmw all the time and never had any problems

I second this!! I recently placed a $100 order with them for a ton of small, piddly parts, and they were able to have everything in my greasy hands in about a weeks time, eventhough, things were shipped from different warehouses, and suppliers. Email updates on your order to the point of almost overkill; better than the most enthusiastic ebay seller. And their web-site is insane, with diagrams, and a very comprehensive parts listing (were even able to find a yellow replacement cap for idle control screw!!)
I buy from other places, but Pelican has been my "go to" place when I'm putting together a complex order with a lot of obscure parts. Sorry to see that there is some discord here, just posting my observations, for what it's worth.
I see that they are no longer on the sponsor list, or am I missing something?
Well, I hope this matter gets resolved quickly, and I will still continue to place orders with them. With a 22 year old car, I need all of the suppliers that I can get
Old 05-27-2007 | 02:05 PM
jusafan
Instructor

If you decide to buy mats again, I'd recommend Performance Products. I got mine from them, and they were very helpful. http://www.performanceproducts.com/

Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Pelican Parts/Lloyd's Mats Order-- Disappointed in Service