Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pelican Parts/Lloyd's Mats Order-- Disappointed in Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007 | 09:22 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Default Pelican Parts/Lloyd's Mats Order-- Disappointed in Service

My recently ordered Lloyd's Mats arrived. Pictures are below. The flash washed out the colorsomewhat. But in person, the color of the mats is actually pretty close to the portion of the mat at the top, under the dash. (The darker portion that doesn't look washed out).

I'm happy with the quality, and the color matches the seats pretty well (but not the carpet), but somehow it seems to work.

What bothers me, however, is the service. I'm not sure if this is a Pelican thing (where I ordered them) or Lloyds. I ordered black script with the 'S' in red. Even though I got an e mail saying the order was checked and spec'd that way, the script is all black. Also, one day after I put the order in, I changed the color from 'Savannah' to 'Saddle G' (because I was told it would be a better match). This time I called-- and after being put on hold for a very long time-- I spoke to someone in person who assured me the change would be made, and again, that the 'S' would be red as I ordered.

Well, I have no idea what color mats I actually got because there was nothing in the box or on the mats saying what color they are. Sorry. I know that's not much help to those trying to find a match with their cashmere interiors.

I don't feel like going through the aggravation of boxing them up and sending them back, or dealing with these people on the phone. I'll plan to keep them for a while and see how I feel about them. At some point in time I may revisit the issue again, perhaps ordering black as some suggested.
Attached Images   

Last edited by rome; 05-17-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:30 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

I feel your pain. You just want what you asked for and someone dropped the ball. Seems to be the norm in customer service these days.
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:37 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by 993c2cab
I feel your pain. You just want what you asked for and someone dropped the ball. Seems to be the norm in customer service these days.
I agree.

Rome,

That sux as I think the "S" in red will really pop the interior.

I would call (the person you spoke with the following day) and tell them of the error. I can only hope that they will make it right. I ordered mine from Sunset and the order was correct, service, follow up and delivery were excellent.

Good Luck.
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:39 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Send them back, get what you paid for.
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:47 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

While I have the camera out...I also put on a set of these cool b/w crested stem covers. (Put them on my Cayenne S too).
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2007 | 10:04 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Send 'em back. If for no other reason than you didn't get what you asked for... twice.
Old 05-16-2007 | 10:05 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarmG993
Send them back, get what you paid for.
The time it will take me to haggle with these guys, repackage the mats and mail them is more valuable to me than the cost of the mats ($115).

I argue with people for a living...this part of my life I prefer for everything to go smoothly and that is worth a lot to me.

Next set will be ordered from someone who can get it right-- like Suncoast.
Old 05-16-2007 | 10:13 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

That sucks...I don't know what is going on with Pelican lately. Call Pelican and ask to talk to Judy in customer service. Whenever they screw one of my orders, she usually takes care of it. She is the CS Manager.
Old 05-16-2007 | 10:27 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

I agree, rome. Send them back. Great photos. Nikon-pride, all the way! :-D
Old 05-16-2007 | 11:13 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

I would send them back -- details like this would bother the shoot out of me each time I get in the car..
Old 05-16-2007 | 11:49 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

You have to send them back or the bastards will continue to deliver poor products / services. Porsche owners are probably one of their biggest clients. WE can't succumb to ineptitude from the distributors or the manufacturers. That’s one of the many problems wrong with the world these days.
Old 05-17-2007 | 12:19 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David Ray
You have to send them back or the bastards will continue to deliver poor products / services. Porsche owners are probably one of their biggest clients. WE can't succumb to ineptitude from the distributors or the manufacturers. That’s one of the many problems wrong with the world these days.
^What he said, with the appropriate platform...
Old 05-17-2007 | 01:04 AM
scat
Racer

Karma works every time...
Old 05-17-2007 | 02:32 AM
David Schiff
Instructor

CALL/email the lady Cabrio 993 said, I bet they send you a box, a fedex return label and a New set. and as said you will get what you want and as David Ray said, send em a message. My therapist said.... "If you dont ask you just told yourself No.."
david schiff
Old 05-17-2007 | 02:52 AM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Rome - I sent you a PM with Judy's info at Pelican.

Quick Reply: Pelican Parts/Lloyd's Mats Order-- Disappointed in Service