Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Mobile Zaino detailing services, what a great idea (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 AM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

$300 is a real bargain if guy(s) know what they are doing. Around by me I saw a "high end" place (with lower prices) "detailing" a dusty black BMW with an high PSI air hose on the paint, and wiping it down with one dirty towel. They also only use Simoniz products. You get what you pay off, especially if you know what is best for your car.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:51 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

guys, keep in mind that the $300 job is something that I get once or maybe twice per year... otherwise, on most weekends, I am out doing it myself and it is definitely therapy... for anyone who uses Zaino, this is a great way to establish the "base" job, so that you can use Zaino products on the car for the rest of the year...
Old 05-16-2007, 08:50 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

For that price, I'd do it too. Just like once-twice a year I get the inside detailed...steam cleaning and all that is way more than I can do. I make sure to do it just before I pack it up for the season, when I always seem pressed for time anyway.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan

By the way, none of this is to take away from our own Rennlister, Anthony Orosco, who, based on the pictures of his work, probably performs at this level or higher on his detailing... it's just that he is in San Antonio and I am in Dallas...
I appreciate the thoughtfulness mrsullivan and I'm happy to see you getting your Porsche cared for, I'm sure they do great work.

I'm more of a one man show so I do everything that these 3 guys do but I do it on my own (most of the time) which is why many details I do take on average 10 hours....many times going into 2 days (doing a Turbo right now that will need at least 18 hours of work).

I am not seeking business here so please don't delete this post moderators, only seeking to inform, thank you.

I charge around $50 to $60 an hour and one of my clients is always telling me...."Anthony, you don't charge enough!" while others almost faint when they get a price from me BUT.....if they would know the amount of physical work that goes into detailing they would better understand why it costs so much. It is hard work....after 18 years my wrists hurt, elbows and knees get very painful and many days my back will put me out completely....also take into account that you're paying me (and other pros) for my experience in that I'm not going to jack up your paint, steal from you, make google eyes at your wife/girlfriend/daughter or rummage through your house and garage. Many of my clients leave their house open to me and for at least a dozen clients I have keys to their cars. So TRUST and experience are very important and also part of the cost.

Then factor in products, tools, the needed insurance, towels and GAS If I go to Dallas to detail someones cars they would pay for my travel time because that's a 4 hour drive and in 4 hours I could make $300.00 in my own neck of the woods. So it comes down to this....anyone can wash your car and do it for $15 but these types of people typically don't care what their car looks and smells like nor does anyone envy their car at a red light. We then though have those people that know exactly what they want. They want their glass to be crystal clear, they don't want their tires to sling crap all over their clean paint, they don't want wax building up in all their trim and crevices nor do they want some hack to abuse their car with a high speed swirl machine!

At a red light people rubber neck just to get an eye full of "shine and glimmer" and they are proud of it and they don't mind paying for it.

Anthony
Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 AM
tdekany
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I wish we had this in my area in Wash DC. I just don't have the time to do it as intensely as detail people do it, particulary the inner part of the wheels. I get tar from the road in there and don't have the energy to take the wheels off to clean it off completely.

You're lucky, and yes, how much!?

Steve R

I replied to your Q about a mobile detailer. Your wish came true.

Quick Reply: Mobile Zaino detailing services, what a great idea (pics)