Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

C4S stainless door sills

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Sills arrived, but the cylinder package was open at one end and the right sill is scratched and slightly nicked. I reached out to Keith and trust thatthey will replace the scratched sill.

Note scratches on bottom sill

Note nick in bottom left corner

Old 05-28-2015, 12:12 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine arrived in similar fashion. Tube was fine, but tape on end was opened. Most likely play in packing let sills perforate taped ends. I emailed Keith and advised him, that although mine arrived undamaged, he might want to shove more packing in each end to avoid this. Hopefully you get yours sorted.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that feedback Overboosted. Keith may have heard you as the tube ends were stapled on my package. I'm guessing customs may be opening these packages, as the package appears to have been purposely opened and tampered with. Oh, and there was no packaging whatsoever in the tube.... I'm sure Keith will make it right.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:53 PM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Question for Knight and Josh,

I just did a test fit with my sills and experienced the same issue as you guys. How did you guys trim your sills? For the little noth at the rear i could see using a dremel or a bench grinder but the front side I'd like to have a straight edge if at all possible.

TIA!
Old 05-28-2015, 03:22 PM
pilotjosh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MartinC2S
Question for Knight and Josh,

I just did a test fit with my sills and experienced the same issue as you guys. How did you guys trim your sills? For the little noth at the rear i could see using a dremel or a bench grinder but the front side I'd like to have a straight edge if at all possible.

TIA!
I used an pneumatic die grinder with a 3 or 4 inch diameter cutoff wheel. You're right, the small bits of a dremel would make it difficult to make a straight cut. Use a straight edge and a sharpie to make your cut line, then just use a big enough disk and it will be easy to make a straight cut.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MartinC2S
Question for Knight and Josh, I just did a test fit with my sills and experienced the same issue as you guys. How did you guys trim your sills? For the little noth at the rear i could see using a dremel or a bench grinder but the front side I'd like to have a straight edge if at all possible. TIA!
Martin I only had issues with the rear, the front fitment was perfect. I used some metal cutters, then pliers to straighten out the slight bends and a bit of filing on the sharp edges.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:59 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh man, I haven't installed mine yet...after reading these latest posts, I'm worried about fitment. My 993 is a 08/96 build 1997...Fingers crossed they fit with zero mods.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

I'm bummed that my sills arrived scratched... I note in D4C4S's post that his sills had a blue protective film to protect from scratches. My sills had no blue film. Wondering if everyone else got the blue film, and maybe I just got a recycled set from a return?
Old 05-31-2015, 08:45 PM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default C4S stainless door sills

Mine didn't have a blue film either. I got lucky as I was in the UK when I ordered them and wrapped them in a couple t-shirts for the trip back home. They were packed in just one plastic bag and then in the tube so I'm not surprised to see some getting scratched on the journey across the pond.

I hope Keith is reading these posts and packaging them a little better now.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:06 AM
DFC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine didn't have any blue film installed.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Thanks for clarifying Derek. Wishful thinking I guess...
Old 06-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Is Keith answering your emails? I emailed him twice last week with a question and haven"t heard back from him.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Before all these buys took place he was pretty slow on email replies, he will eventually get back to you. I recall he mentioned something about moving shop locations etc back when I placed my order.

In regards to the blue film, mine did arrive with them on Foxman. However it doesn't cover all the edges etc and mine were packaged 2 sills together in 1 plastic bag, when really they should've been packaged in 2 separate bags. I had a very minor marks just from them banging together but for the $ paid I was ok with it.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by DFC4S
Mine didn't have any blue film installed.
+2, while mine came well packaged (sturdy cardboard cylinder box, in a plastic wrapper), they did not have a blue (or any) protective layering.

My advice would be to have each of the two sills in their own plastic wrapper, as technically they can rub against one another and scratch (self inflicted wound).

I will download my pics today and post experience with install, needed a couple of hrs of fabrication work to get these properly in...
Old 06-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight
However it doesn't cover all the edges etc and mine were packaged 2 sills together in 1 plastic bag, when really they should've been packaged in 2 separate bags. I had a very minor marks just from them banging together but for the $ paid I was ok with it.
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
My advice would be to have each of the two sills in their own plastic wrapper, as technically they can rub against one another and scratch (self inflicted wound).
Same feedback within seconds of each other

Quick Reply: C4S stainless door sills