Sponsored by:

Application for Hey Wait for Me Racing Team

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course if he was GR's instructor there would be hope for him....
Old 02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
An instructor? I... don't... know...

That implies competence doesn't it?

hmm
Not necessarily...keep in mind Eric got in.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:47 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts

Some evidence of real ineptitude might help.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a picture of the old SLOW car and lap times would help...and as Bull suggested I could be swayed by pictures of you with babes at the track, showing you are really NOT interested in going fast.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ask the Big Turtle....ever had a guy in the Turtle Pond with some kind of special dashboard gizmo, spending time looking for data, etc???? All I ever worried about regarding my dashboard when i tracked my 993 was making certain Jimi Hendrix was in the CD player before I left the paddock!

Rick, the consensus seems to be that we need more evidence. Keep in mind that most here would rather look at pictures, or view videos, than have to read stuff........
Old 02-25-2007, 12:44 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Uh oh...

Originally Posted by Bull
Hold on there now son! You are telling us that you are using some kind of fancy go-fast computerized dashboard thing? Unacceptable, if you ever figured it out that is. I use an AIM dash....just AIM it down the damn track and drive!
I hope I didn't make a fatal disclosure here - the dash came with the car! I barely know how to make it work! Its just a fancy tachometer and shift light!
Besides, I use a sun dial for a timer.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:49 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Is there ANYTHING else you need to tell us????? The dashboard thingy is not fatal, as long as it is more a source of confusion and distraction...but now is the time for full disclosure.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:50 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default More...

Ok Rick, you are on the ropes here. It is time for you to pull out some lap times and post them....and any pictures of you with hot babes wouldn't hurt either! BTW, didn't you have a good, solid SLOW car and get rid of it for the fast track car?????
Bull - I was warned about you.
The hot babe is my wife; is this allowed? She's pretty understanding about the track stuff. I don't want to push it.
Laptimes - if I posted them it might crash John D's servers, so we can't do that.
I am just as slow in the new car as I was in the old car; must be the driver.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:53 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Teachers

Originally Posted by mglobe
An instructor? I... don't... know...

That implies competence doesn't it?

hmm
'Those that can, do; those that can't, instruct' (just kidding; please understand I am desperate here. You guys are way better at this than I expected).
Old 02-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Moi? What did "they" tell you..."don't expect everyone to be as nice and helpful as Bull"?????

Well then, if you are still finding the dash to be a source of confusion, we can take that off the table of concerns!
Old 02-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
'Those that can, do; those that can't, instruct' (just kidding; please understand I am desperate here. You guys are way better at this than I expected).
Now you are saying that you didn't expect much of us??????
Old 02-25-2007, 12:58 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Data

I ask the Big Turtle....ever had a guy in the Turtle Pond with some kind of special dashboard gizmo, spending time looking for data, etc???? All I ever worried about regarding my dashboard when i tracked my 993 was making certain Jimi Hendrix was in the CD player before I left the paddock!

Rick, the consensus seems to be that we need more evidence. Keep in mind that most here would rather look at pictures, or view videos, than have to read stuff........
The only thing the data ever told me was 'jeez, you are slow; stop braking so early.'
Old 02-25-2007, 01:07 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

The only thing the data ever told me was 'jeez, you are slow; stop braking so early.'
so this AIM thing does make you better??
Old 02-25-2007, 01:33 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

OK here’s the deal. I am one of the newbies to the team. Means I get to clean brake dust off other team member wheels. I think I managed to convince the HWFMR Gods to let me in because I managed to spin in my first turn of my first track event…I guess I was looked at as one “with lots ‘o potential”…but I know my place.

So now we have someone who has not spun on dry pavement in 10 years. (My personal belief that this is where you may have err’d in your application). But since I am not on the membership committee I don’t have a lot of pull here. Getting you on the team would move me up one notch in seniority…so I am pulling for you. But you are either very cautious…or…very good…or both. The very good part just won’t do…and my understanding is that the HWMFR chi implodes if somebody on the team actually demonstrates competence (actually intended competence…)…not all podium finishes are intended I realize.

So let’s assume you are really cautious? It means you either know, or don’t want to know the limits of your car…but then there is this dashboard, telling you how to drive, keeping your butt in the limits, AIM ‘puter thing…disclosure error #2. So you might not be as cautious as we think…hence you therefore might actually be good.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Only fast people need brakes to slow them down. If you go slow enough you are already at the optimal speed for turn in and don't have to bother with that silly pedal in the middle. I already have enough distractions with the whole chewing gum and driving thing why bother with a brake pedal.

Quick Reply: Application for Hey Wait for Me Racing Team