Sponsored by:

Zymol dealers in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
clipstone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zymol dealers in NYC?

Can anyone let me know if there are any Zymol dealers in NYC, Manhatten area? Will be across in a couple of weeks and thought I would use the oppurtunity to snap up some wax, given the fact that it is about equivalent dollar price to pounds, making it around half the UK cost at the mo'.

However, no idea where I would look for some!!

All help most appreciated
Old 02-23-2007, 12:24 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Doesn't AutoZone sell it?
Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Jukelemon
Racer

Yeah, MOST stores like that sell it i.e. Autozone, Car Parts, Pep Boys, Auto Parts Express, Advanced Auto etc.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:20 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Personal preference I know but there are many better products out there than Zymol IMO. They are not what they started out as and to be honest I never had good results. I think you will find for a garage queen the P21 is superior and easier to use and for out side cars Blitz wax will hold up to anything.

None of these are of any value if the paint hasn't been prepped first.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:36 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Hi I am a brit living in NYC, and to be honest I'm not aware of any decent auto spares stores in manhattan. (Please someone shout if they know of any !)

I'd suggest that you might order some Zymol from an online retailer and get it delivered to wherever you're staying.

If that's not possible, you can get it delivered to my apartment building (I live in central manhattan) and you can collect it.

Cheers

Phil

Black '95 993 Coupe
(Stock)
Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I read that Zymol is repackaged Turtle wax - have no first hand confirmation of this.

Also found out that P21s and S100 available in the US is NOT the same p21s that is used in Europe (Wack). In fact its an entirely different formulation (not made by Wack - the genuine p21s manufacturer).

Clipstone - ill trade you - bring the european p21s over with you and Ill trade you Zymol. How about 3 bottles of Zymol to 1 can of p21s?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:03 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not order online and get it delivered ??
Old 02-23-2007, 04:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 353 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Personal preference I know but there are many better products out there than Zymol IMO. They are not what they started out as and to be honest I never had good results. I think you will find for a garage queen the P21 is superior and easier to use and for out side cars Blitz wax will hold up to anything.

None of these are of any value if the paint hasn't been prepped first.

Amen Brother!
Zymol is overpriced hocus pocus!
Robert
Old 02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by ppashley
Hi I am a brit living in NYC, and to be honest I'm not aware of any decent auto spares stores in manhattan. (Please someone shout if they know of any !)
AutoZone on Houston and Ave A is pretty decent. Not a huge store by any means, this is Manhattan we're talking about, but the store has a lot of tools and most of the maintenance supplies you need. Whatever they don't have in stock they can order for you.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:58 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know about Zymol/value/price but good quality wax is different from the turtle wax variety. Much different in my experience. It is worth it for the lack of white residue alone.
P21s has been good for me. Something like $30US...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:35 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Cobalt made reference to using Blitz wax. I agree with his opinion. I have been using Blitz for 15 years and it is terrific.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:23 AM
clipstone
Instructor

Thanks for all the replies guys

Nice to see that the question of wax stateside is as subjective as it is over here!

Not used the P21s myself, although it does come pretty well recommended here too. For darker cars, Poorboys Nattys Blue is meant to have around the same durability and bring a better pop in the colour from what I have been told, although much better as a summer wax.

I have just bought some collinite which is meant to be a stunning winter wax, and will be trying that on the Audi to see if it lives up to its reputation.

In regards to the Zymol, I must admit that I was dubious about its price, and whether it could justify the extra cash - I have had the p-car detailed using Zymol Glasur and I must admit the results were stunning - however I accept that alot of this may have down to the paint correction that was done, and it could be that any decent wax would have produced as good results?

Don't know whether to stick with the poorboys now?

By the way, the P21s is around £20 ($40) over here at the moment - if anyone wants me to ship them some over I could have a look at how viable that would be? Not overly convinced that the difference between the European stuff and the US would be worth the difference in price though ...

Quick Reply: Zymol dealers in NYC?