Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody ever buy a rebuilt motor from Motor Meister?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody ever buy a rebuilt motor from Motor Meister?

Hey,

Just browsing through Panorama and was looking at the Motor Meister ad in there for rebuilt engines.. looks like you can get a long block 3.6 for 5495. Seems low. Suspiciously low.

Anybody ever put one these MM engines in their cars? Are they any good? (and no, my car does not need a motor (yet).. just curious).

Thaddeus
Old 02-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Never mind, there was nothing in this forum when I did a search, but there's plenty enough in other forums.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

There is a TON of bad press about Motorsheister on the Pelican board, enough that there is a class action lawsuit in the works. Its a shame that PCA still allows those crooks to advertise..
Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A few years back (1998) a little bird told me a story about a nice gentleman who purchased a 3.6L motor from them, that according to the CHP, turned out to be possibly/maybe/then definitely stolen, the bird said the gentleman lost 7k on the deal .........remember, it was just a story that a little bird sang to me

ZP44
Old 02-06-2007, 12:32 AM
fentonproductions
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good F'n Luck! You see the (red) car to the left of this blog, when I got the engine from them it was leaking oil like mad from the get go! It lasted about 4 hours when the #5 piston let loose at Willow.

And when I wanted to pick up the car, they wanted to dump it at the body shop where it had been getting work done to avoid the embarrasment of handing off a piece of sh-- rebuild!

Thanks to the POC and PCA mags for letting them advertise - $$$$ hungry complacent ********!. No one would bad mouth these F's either.

Last edited by fentonproductions; 02-06-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:50 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Enough said! They're a POS operation!! Thank RL again for saving you from intense dispair. If we spread it out over the whole RL members it doesnt hurt as much, except for the $$ lost.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Thaddeus:

Having seen the internals of 3 motors here that they rebuilt, its my opinion that you can find better folks to do a quality rebuild.

Do your homework.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:44 AM
993polarsilver
Racer

Originally Posted by fentonproductions
Good F'n Luck! You see the (red) car to the left of this blog, when I got the engine from them it was leaking oil like mad from the get go! It lasted about 4 hours when the #5 piston let loose at Willow.

And when I wanted to pick up the car, they wanted to dump it at the body shop where it had been getting work done to avoid the embarrrasment of handing off a piece of sh-- rebuild!

Thanks to the POC and PCA mags for letting them advertise - $$$$ hungry compliant ********!. No one would bad mouth these F's either.

Errr, they have have also been a Rennlist sponsor since 1998...what's up with that??
Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes, my engine is doing fine (knock wood), I was just curious. I'd rather put a good used engine in a car than a dodgy rebuild any day anyway. And a good and proper rebuild may be better than original factory spec, but I doubt I could afford one.

There's a whole forest of little birds chirping. That usually means there's a cat somewhere around.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Thaddeus
There's a whole forest of little birds chirping. That usually means there's a cat somewhere around.
Or a snake....

A little nature lesson, if the birds are up high in the trees it's usually a cat. If they're near the ground it's usually a snake.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

RUN FORREST RUN!

Quick Reply: Anybody ever buy a rebuilt motor from Motor Meister?