Sponsored by:

Chrome tips for a wide body "S" NA

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Chrome tips for a wide body "S" NA

OK. I want some chrome tips for my 993 4S. I have done the search, read the threads, search the net and have come up pretty short.

Some guy building knock-offs for NB's flaked on a group buy (flaked might be too strong). It simply appears he didn't want the job, probably because of the offset and just didn't communicate.

Anyway, I need help, beacause short of a new Fabspeed exhaust system I seem to be looking a $400 no matter what. Carnewal is $400 plus change for Motorsound exhaust tips and Sunset is basically the same.

There was one option of cutting and welding on the knock offs when putting in the bypass tubes, but I'm not interested in that angle.

The slight offset on the tip pictured on the right is what I need.

I just want some bolt on chrome tips that won't cost me $400?

Help---anyone!
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, not sure if you saw Garth S' thread on how to make NB tips fit a WB, but here you go:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ht=180+degrees
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

why don't you chrome yours? cost me $45
Normally shops who chrome are out of town.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by epj993
Mark, not sure if you saw Garth S' thread on how to make NB tips fit a WB, but here you go:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ht=180+degrees
Thanks...yes I saw that which is what I was referring to here in my original post....

There was one option of cutting and welding on the knock offs when putting in the bypass tubes, but I'm not interested in that angle.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
GrantC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mark -

I will soon be selling a set of used factory motorsound wide body tips that might be what you are looking for. I just purchased a nice used set of motorsound mufflers that came off of a 97 widebody, and they came with the motorsound tips. I have a narrow-body, so I planned to sell the tips and use my old NB fakey wide ovals.

Supposedly the mufflers and tips were removed at 19k miles, and never saw snow or salt. I just got them yesterday and honestly didn't look at the tips too carefully (other than noticing they were very shiny...). I'll check them out more closely tonight to verify condition and post pics to see if it's what you are looking for.

Grant

Quick Reply: Chrome tips for a wide body "S" NA