Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 C2 vs. C4

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 01:28 AM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

Driving in snow??? Good Gawd! lol. I don't like wetting my car to wash it..... which brings up an embarrassing question. Do you guys let water go through the rear wing and into the engine when you wash the car? Or do you open the lid and place a doubled up towel on the engine so it stays dry and clean in there?
Old 12-21-2020, 07:30 PM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by aircooledpurist
Driving in snow??? Good Gawd! lol. I don't like wetting my car to wash it..... which brings up an embarrassing question. Do you guys let water go through the rear wing and into the engine when you wash the car? Or do you open the lid and place a doubled up towel on the engine so it stays dry and clean in there?
These cars are made to be driven. Water won't hurt them. Neither will snow. The rocks and gravel embedded in the snow might though... I've driven at in-town speeds on fresh snow, in a non-salt state, and it's actually quite fun. No harm done.

I don't worry about water hitting my engine when washing. Doesn't do a bit of harm.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:44 PM
OUAnesthesia
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Water gets all up in my cars business...I drive it to death though. My car was fully rebuilt and what I've learned from owning such a car is they are made to be used and when necessary you can make them all new and pretty again. Its a wonderful thing not owning a museum car.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:45 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by OUAnesthesia
Water gets all up in my cars business...I drive it to death though. My car was fully rebuilt and what I've learned from owning such a car is they are made to be used and when necessary you can make them all new and pretty again. Its a wonderful thing not owning a museum car.

Fully agree with you on cars being made to use. I quite by accident stumbled upon a very low mile car and I am driving it. It looks like you are in sunny Tampa Florida. You can't begin to compare Florida wet driving to winter in the Northeast. It used to be that they would spread dump truck load after dump truck load of rock salt on the roads. That stuff was bad. Now before it snows they spray a melting chemical that absolutely destroys the 'new' cars. You definitely don't want that **** all over your 25 year old vintage Porsche. Nice blue by the way.

Last edited by aircooledpurist; 12-21-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:23 AM
OUAnesthesia
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Fully agree with you on cars being made to use. I quite by accident stumbled upon a very low mile car and I am driving it. It looks like you are in sunny Tampa Florida. You can't begin to compare Florida wet driving to winter in the Northeast. It used to be that they would spread dump truck load after dump truck load of rock salt on the roads. That stuff was bad. Now before it snows they spray a melting chemical that absolutely destroys the 'new' cars. You definitely don't want that **** all over your 25 year old vintage Porsche. Nice blue by the way.
Can't argue with the salt...just was referring to water lol. One of many reasons I don't live in the Northeast. Rust central.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:51 AM
notabot
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

We get some ice here in Texas around February or March, but they just put down sand.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:48 PM
Gdub
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a new tacoma pick up so i have no reason to drive my 993 in the rain. I installed new suspension about a year ago and it still looks new that i like. But some of us have no choice i would suspect.

Quick Reply: 993 C2 vs. C4