Cayman (Long & Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:49 AM
EBMCS03
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
Eric,

The salesman gave me white side marker as part of the deal. He is a good guy.

Just noticed your avatar. When did you get your Cayman S? Please post some pics and details.

CP

How come I'm not getting e-mail notices about this thread?

But the avatar is old... I've had it there since I signed up...

Mine's a Midnight Blue / Space Gray

Preferred Package
Automatic AC
CD changer

Thats it... nothing else.. it was one that was sitting on the lot... got a decent deal for it so decided to spring for it. I hope I didnt make a financial boo boo hahaha
Attached Images    
Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I loved Caymans before but after I test drove one yesterday I'm lusting for one in a bad way. If I considered trading my M5 for it but I really need a back seat (at least a 911). The Cayman was so sweet of a driver's car.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Cool

Great car Pong...I bought my 993 from Pioneer....great service and sales there...my sales guy was Sal Belisario.

If I had to buy a fun daily driver, what better than a Cayman...I'd go the S route...with an auto tranny. You can't have too much HP.

I have been in a stock Cayman, on the track with street tires and an automatic, what a car....home run for Porsche! And it seems, home run fro Pong!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:53 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Martin,

Thanks for the kind words. I have the base Cayman for a year now, and it's a great car for the streets.

If this is the only Porsche I have, then I'd consider the Cayman S. As I have a Ruf in the garage, my other Porsche does not need all that power. In fact, the base Cayman has more than enough power for street use 99% of the time.

It is a very nimble and tossible car, like a Miata on steroids, or it's no longer a politically-correct analogy.

CP
Old 12-15-2007, 03:51 PM
NOH20
Racer

Handles like it's on rails.....I remember that feeling. The Cayman feel is excellent but there's nothing like a car that weighs less than 2,000 lbs. The Elise has great brake feel and NO POWER STEERING. It is a drivers car for sure without the comfort features of the Cayman. With that said, the Cayman is a much better car because you get the handling and feel of a great sports car while still being able to take the wife out to dinner! Try that in an Elise...not so easy. I miss mine but enjoy my 993 as well. Nice choice!
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2007, 09:52 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

My Fiance has had a Cayman for 2 years [sales perk--I am a lucky man indeed] and the first thing that I thought of after driving it for the first time was "Spiritual 993 Successor". After having my 996, then 993, then driving her car, the Cayman is the water cooled car that 993ers can truly appreciate. The 996 is a great car, as is the 997, but it handles 'lardy' compared to the 993 era cars.

Great car and enjoy it [even though the engine is in the wrong place and is water cooled ]

Quick Reply: Cayman (Long & Pics)