Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Great price on fleabay c4s..

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ask about roll back mileage and 2001 accident and here is what he had to say .... take note he says" nearly showroom condition ".

"I think this is actually a Carfax mistake. Notice they have car listed as a black C2 and reported last milage as 62K. Car is original paint (white) and odometer is accurate. I will try to upload a picture to show how milage is accurate. Accident in 2001 must have been minor front fascia damage. When I purchased car there was a small tear in the fascia and the grill was cracked up. I replaced both. Body and carriage have no damage, filler or repaint that I can tell. its nearly showroom condition."
Old 12-21-2006, 02:34 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what is the seller resposible for?

Jack
Old 12-21-2006, 04:56 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I think" + "From what I can tell" = uncertainity.

If it pans out, doesnt seem like a bad price. However, I am not a price shopper on vehicles. Electronics and Froogle.com=my good friend.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:25 AM
GrFa
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say it is a stolen C4S with the vin off of a wrecked black C2, anyone else think so? I worked at a dealership appraising cars and all I can say is that a carfax which doesn't match the model/color usually means chop/stolen. Anyone ever read the story on the BMW forums about the chopped e30 M3?
Old 12-22-2006, 03:30 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pedsurg
So what is the seller resposible for?

Jack

Apparantly this seller doesn't want to be responsible for anything! Personally, I think that they have a duty to represent the car accurately. Additionally, If they make an honest mistake, they have a duty to make it right. A reputable seller would. In fact any business/sales person with integrity will act in a responsible way if they want to be in business for the long haul. Now this doesn't mean that I would accept everything at face value and skip a PPI, but that would be difficult to do purchasing a car long distance on eBay. I know that you enter in to a contract to purchase the car when you bid, but that bid is based on the car as represented by the seller. If it turns out to be different, the buyer has been screwed. If the PPI reveals something minor, no big deal. If it reveals something major, especially if the seller should have known, he has duty to make it right somehow. How would you want to be treated?

Quick Reply: Great price on fleabay c4s..