Sponsored by:

Gert's FPB & RS Splitters

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:40 AM
jhale
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gert's FPB & RS Splitters

I checked the archives and most of the comments on the FPB were positive among RL'ers that used them without the RS spitters. I have been bottoming out and hitting the very front of the splitters (underneath) before the location of the FPB. I can't see how this would help given the point of impact that I am noticing. Can anyone chime in on their experience with this set-up?

Below are some pictures of the current ride height. I'm thinking the ride height is too low to avoid this problem. I thought I would ask the pro's before investing in the FPB.

Thanks- Jon
Attached Images   
Old 11-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

Mine is much lower than yours, it was scrapping badly befor the FPB. Still scrapes, but the bar takes the brunt of it, I also got a lot more careful.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
Mine is much lower than yours, it was scrapping badly befor the FPB. Still scrapes, but the bar takes the brunt of it, I also got a lot more careful.
+1, mine is also lower than your (I have RS splitters & FPB) and while it doesn't protect it from everything, it helps.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:56 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 56 Posts

I have been bottoming out and hitting the very front of the splitters (underneath) before the location of the FPB.
This is why I decided not to go with the splitters after I lowered my car. So far, no scrapes on the painted parts.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My RS Splitters do a great job of protecting my FPB from scratches.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:28 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Small investment, well worth the piece of mind.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:35 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I highly recommend the FPB, I bought the Splitters and FPB from Gert and installed them at the same time. At this point, I have NO marks of any kind on my splitters. When the car bottoms out during driving or steep angles, the FPB will hit first, saving the bottom of the splitters. I do have some dings on the bottom of the FPB, so it's doing its job. However, if you are parking up to a low curb, you just have to stay back a safe distance. The splitters are much further forward than the FPB, so you would crunch both splitters if you pull into a spot with a low curb. Buy the FPB and paint it black with some good paint, you wont even see it against your black car.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

My car got really scratched up over the last 4 years. It's in the body shop today for R&R but it has a new FPB from Gert waiting to be installed so that it doesn't suffer as much this time around. Can't beat 2 day delivery from the EU either.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
whatyoutalknaboutwillis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any difference if you have the turbo front bumper? I am trying to decide on that or the splitters--they both look great. Either way I'll get the FPB. I guess my question is, heighth being equal, is one more prone to scrape than the other?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have a Euro Turbo front. The RS splitters will not fit it, you would need the Turbo S splitters. The FPB is the same.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:41 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

The splitters would be more prone to scraping than the turbo bumper. The splitters stick out farther and at the lowest point of the car. So it would be most noticeable when transitioning to a driveway, where you are coming off a downslope to an upslope. Go REALLY slow if you can!!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by pstraub
The splitters would be more prone to scraping than the turbo bumper. The splitters stick out farther and at the lowest point of the car. So it would be most noticeable when transitioning to a driveway, where you are coming off a downslope to an upslope. Go REALLY slow if you can!!
Go at an angle too!

I'd say that the FPB protects over potholes and uneven roads. Up sharp inclines the splitter protects the FPB. Worth the investment though and as a previous poster indicated, "piece of mind".
Old 11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

The splitters would be more prone to scraping than the turbo bumper.
Unless you have the front TurboS lip added and which the FPB does not fit.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:39 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Hi i am newbe here,does the rear spoiler involve any drilling of the of the deck lid , if not how does it attatch to the the lid ??
Old 11-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by clinchy993
Hi i am newbe here,does the rear spoiler involve any drilling of the of the deck lid , if not how does it attatch to the the lid ??
No, the motorized spolier is remocved and the oem mounting holes in the lid are used, here is mine, you can see the bolt heads if you look hard
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Gert's FPB & RS Splitters