Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Tech Session, South Bay, SoCal @ Tony Callas..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rich Brah,

Thanks for posting the pix... can you help identify the nice looking folks in the pics... TIA.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:48 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default more pics from today (mostly 959)

I had a great time today. Especially nice to put some faces to names!!! As far as the tech session went, Callas is THE MAN. That guy amazes me every time I talk to him. Knows far more than I could ever hope to know about our cars. I enjoyed it immensely and can't wait for the opportunity to do it again. Here's some pics for y'all:

THE MAN schooling the rest of us kids on how to use a PST2:

Tony talks about how Guards Red 993s just "aren't quite as fast as Polar Silver 993s".

Steve Alarcon from Johnson's Alignment breaking the magician's code about the kinematic toe.

Your's truly and a 959 with 1000 miles on the clock:

More 959:

notice the 1000 miles:

959 even has a bitchin fuel cap:

and the coolest seats (notice lap belts on rears):

The 959's system tester (not kidding here):

Tony displaying how to use the 959 system tester by chucking it across the room (I keed I keed):

The rare two tone black-and-brown speedster:
Old 12-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Mc-993
Advanced

My day started with a cruise up from San Diego… you know the kind… don’t even turn on the radio because I’m just having too much fun driving and listening to the sound of the motor! Then arrive to this place where everywhere you look is one great 993, after another.

What a fantastic event! My gratitude goes out to Tony and to everyone involved.

I have owned my 993 for a couple of years… but in the short time that I found Rennlist, combined with today’s “tech session” with Tony, I feel like I am in an accelerated MBA program! I hope I never graduate!

Nice meeting everyone and thanks again!
Old 12-10-2006, 11:07 AM
carmad
Advanced

Thanks to the organizers of this great event, great cars and great people. Tony is the man, extremely informative and well worth the 3 hour drive.

Julian
Old 12-11-2006, 12:58 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks again to all on that Tech Session. I just found another give away from Pacific Porsche and sponsors laying on my floorboard this morning! Tony's SAI diagnose discussion was elegant and interesting. Kudos to the guys that volunteered their cars! That took guts!
Old 12-11-2006, 02:20 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 342 Likes on 152 Posts

Just got to Paso Robles and I'm "borrowing" a friends computer to check up on y'all. Glad you had a great time. I'm hoping to be able to get together with Martin S. sometime today since he is only about a 10 minute drive north of here. He wasn't at the tech session on Saturday because he was in Greensboro, North Carolina or somewhere like that.......

This event was just too easy to organize and I had a blast doing it. Let's do it again

While we are all thanking those that organized the event, let's please not forget to thank Jackie G. from POC too. She is the one who picked up all the the food and drinks. That had to of cost POC a pretty penny. Starbucks ain't cheap! Thanks Jackie and POC

JoAnne

PS: Mike, LOVE the picture of Speedster. And to those of you looking for a fresh picture of my Porsche Crested toe.... Sorry but it was toooooooo cold and wet for sandals on Saturday. Maybe next time......
Old 12-11-2006, 02:22 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Father of 3
Hey Rich, nice to meet you today. I finally also met Joanne, Chris and Yuji as well. Notably absent was Martin. Where were you?

Hey Rich, is there an easy way to resize photos for upload using iphoto on a mac?
eeek... i import w/ iphoto but resize & do all in p-shop. if you have probs. feel free to email pics to me @ chill@snoball.biz & i can resize for ya -sure you got more pics than me.

& YEAH thank you jackie too. -doh- btw: what dealer showed w/ the great prizes? i won the martini cars (wooohooo!) & want to start shopin' there for my oem p-stuff. tia

BEAUTIFUL shots mike! that wicked-mad box tony had ws amazing... that's one of the keys in a "go" or "no go" in a ppi !

Last edited by 24FPS; 12-11-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:29 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 24FPS
tony the faces... lets see...

from right to left (c.clockwise)

that's me, 24fps, tony callas, tom (biz partner w/callas), moe's son (callas), hans (w/ callas too?), yuji, chris, sorry, can't recall his name (great polar silver 993 though), sorry, can't recall his name either..., then there's poo (tom's wife), & last i believe her name was moe (w/ callas too)...

sorry i did not ask for a big group shot of the 70plus people that actually attended.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 342 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by 24FPS
btw: what dealer showed w/ the great prizes? i won the martini cars (wooohooo!) & want to start shopin' there for my oem p-stuff. tia

OH MY GOSH Rich I forgot!!!! PACIFIC PORSCHE BROUGHT ALL THE DOOR PRIZES!!!

I can't forget to thank them too. That was easily over $1000.00 Worth of merchandise. THANKS LENNY at PP!!!

JoAnne
Old 12-14-2006, 02:34 AM
fetus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
OH MY GOSH Rich I forgot!!!! PACIFIC PORSCHE BROUGHT ALL THE DOOR PRIZES!!!

I can't forget to thank them too. That was easily over $1000.00 Worth of merchandise. THANKS LENNY at PP!!!

JoAnne
I didn't win the door prizes but my daughter and I really appreciated the calendars, poster and the Porsche Magnets.

Thanks again,

Steve
Old 12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Last Bump as I "unstick" this thread....

Just went the last page of pictures - and simply OUTSTANDING!!! There are times I really wished I lived on the Left Coast - times like this meeting - and times when POC is running events...

John D.

Quick Reply: 993 Tech Session, South Bay, SoCal @ Tony Callas..