Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 w/Salvage title and story. What is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:51 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdonagh
I am selling it only because I have a baby daughter now and I'm on the hunt for an awesomely fast family car that she can ride in with me!
I just happen to have a rare 500E (nice safe 4-door with all leather and 320 HP 32v V8 under the hood) for sale..

More to the topic though. That's tought. I don't know what it would be worth but I know that I would have serious reservations about buying a car with a salvage title at most any price. In fact 5 days ago I walked from gorgeous '97 turbo-look black/black for the low-ball price of $30k (64,000 miles on the odo) because it came back with a salvage, and then a junk/dismantled title.

I do wish the best of luck on the auto sale. I hope you get what you need out of it. Sucks that it has that stigma if it's never really been damaged..

Originally Posted by mborkow
i have seen 3 993s on craigslist recently under $30k, and those were not salvage titles. i would buy any of them before i bought the car with the salvage title...in fact, at that price, i wouldn't even consider that car (given the current supply of 993s in my area).
Yeah.. I just bought a '95 with clean title for under 24k.....

Originally Posted by ARM993
Here you go. You can get this one from Carnewal.
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p016.htm

After having gone through the route of selling my fun cars because of kids, going to SUVs, and now having a 993 in the garage, I think you should keep the car. We seem to get way to hung up on the convenience factor of owning SUVs, sedans, and minivans when we have kids. How many of us grew up riding in the back of small cars before there were so many "family" cars? I grew up in the back of a VW bug and we went everywhere in the thing. Just look at the back of a 993. If it isn't for kids who the heck is it for? The guys in Stuttgart know what there doing. Good luck with the decision.
Good points. Know why I'm selling my big 4-door uber cruise missle sedan? The kids want nothing to do with it now! They just want to ride in the back of the 'super-fast car'. So I got a 2nd one.... That said though.. my kids are big enough for booster seats. little infants need much different seats and I don't think that type would fit in the back of ah 9xx cars (although I've never tried).

Last edited by FotoVeloce; 10-11-2006 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Consolidating 3 rapid-fire replies
Old 10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To my way of thinking, the fact that you have owned this car for an extended period and have the history of the salvage title would negate much of the negative of the salvage title.

Also, dealers never pay much for any car - if they offered $25K it was because they think they can get a lot more for it.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:10 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fast "family car" right here!!! Of course, a few years off.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 993 w/Salvage title and story. What is it worth?