Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mid rise scissor lift group buy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Sure would be handy. I'm gonna think this over.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Sure would be handy. I'm gonna think this over.
Me too!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by dhicks
Trinitony is also looking at this one, so I am sure he will be all over this when he sees it

sir..I pointed him over here..lol
Old 10-03-2006, 12:01 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 130 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, but can one do a clutch change on a mid-rise lift? I am trying to visualize where the back crossmember of the lift would be. I am thinking that it wouldn't be possible. Thoughts?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomF
Forgive my ignorance, but can one do a clutch change on a mid-rise lift? I am trying to visualize where the back crossmember of the lift would be. I am thinking that it wouldn't be possible. Thoughts?
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...8&page=7&pp=15
Old 10-03-2006, 12:43 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Why not have the manufacturer custom make them without the cross member that all of us would cut out anyway?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
Anyone ever done a comparison of the various mid-rise lifts available? They all seem pretty similar looking at a 300x300 jpg, but the prices vary from <$1000 to over $2000.

Questions I'd like answers to:

Do the individual companies actually manufacture the lift: metal cutting, welding, powder coating? Many of the lifts out there bear a striking resemblance to the budget standard China-made Harbor Freight lift. I wonder how many companies outsource manufacturing of some parts and/or rebrand a complete lift available elsewhere.

What about the functional parts? All these lifts use a couple of hydraultic rams and a pump. How do they compare? I'm sure there are different price/quality points for both items.
Alot of the cheaper ones come with Chinese sourced parts....the hydralics etc. I think Ron in SC did a pretty good search before he bought his. I had been looking at the Bendpak lifts. Its a know company with a good name and the prices have been reasonable. Its been a while since I shopped so no details but thats what I recall.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:20 PM
94twin
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ever done a comparison of the various mid-rise lifts available? They all seem pretty similar looking at a 300x300 jpg, but the prices vary from <$1000 to over $2000.
I purchased a BendPak LR60 several years ago. I have done innumerable engine drops and other work in my 911 Turbos, 944, Boxsters, etc. using this lift. It has seen nearly daily use for the last year. BendPak is one of the top brands in the business. It is built incredibly well - imo, almost over-engineered. It is very safe, with automatic safeties. It is available at http://www.asedeals.com/low_rise_lifts.html with free shipping for $1250, q.1 (no multiple buy-in). It runs on 110V or 220V. Here are some photos of mine.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:30 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 94twin
I purchased a BendPak LR60 several years ago. I have done innumerable engine drops and other work in my 911 Turbos, 944, Boxsters, etc. using this lift. It has seen nearly daily use for the last year. BendPak is one of the top brands in the business. It is built incredibly well - imo, almost over-engineered. It is very safe, with automatic safeties. It is available at http://www.asedeals.com/low_rise_lifts.html with free shipping for $1250, q.1 (no multiple buy-in). It runs on 110V or 220V. Here are some photos of mine.
Think one of the main differences is the lift height. Some are 26" while some go all the way to 50+ ".
Old 10-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 94twin
I purchased a BendPak LR60 several years ago. I have done innumerable engine drops and other work in my 911 Turbos, 944, Boxsters, etc. using this lift. It has seen nearly daily use for the last year. BendPak is one of the top brands in the business. It is built incredibly well - imo, almost over-engineered. It is very safe, with automatic safeties. It is available at http://www.asedeals.com/low_rise_lifts.html with free shipping for $1250, q.1 (no multiple buy-in). It runs on 110V or 220V.
I second the BendPac from ASEdeals however I have the Mid-rise lift (48") at http://www.asedeals.com/mid_rise_lift.html . From everything I read before I purchased it is made in USA, as to whether it has any parts sourced from overseas I have no idea, one way or the other. I will say it is a vety solid/sturdy piece of equipment.

As for delivery, unless you have a forklift lying around I would recommend having it delivered to the freight terminal and taking a trailer/pickup truck to go fetch the lift when it arrives. The freight folks have forklifts at the term. to load the lift but will expect you to have a loading dock/forklift at your house to unload it, most of us don't. You can use many diff. things to get it off your trailer, it took me apx. 1 1/2hr. to unload mine, no trucker is going to wait for you to do that.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:22 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

About delivery: are all the retailers so myopic as to assume you have a loading dock and/or forklift? There are (at least) two options for delivering big stuff to a residence. First, you can get a truck with a powered liftgate. Driver drags the item onto the liftgate, the liftgate lowers to the ground and the driver rolls the item off. Second you could use one of those lumberyard delivery trucks which has a forklift piggybacked on the back of the truck. Either option would add 15 min at most to the delivery time. Specifying a liftgate truck usually adds <$100 to a delivery. We do it here at work since we don't have a dock. Any trucking company that makes residential deliveries will have them.

This isn't rocket science. I can't believe the lift vendors would just say, "it's your problem" when certainly most of the customers for low and mid rise lifts are residential.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:35 PM
94twin
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About delivery: are all the retailers so myopic as to assume you have a loading dock and/or forklift? There are (at least) two options for delivering big stuff to a residence. First, you can get a truck with a powered liftgate. Driver drags the item onto the liftgate, the liftgate lowers to the ground and the driver rolls the item off. Second you could use one of those lumberyard delivery trucks which has a forklift piggybacked on the back of the truck. Either option would add 15 min at most to the delivery time. Specifying a liftgate truck usually adds <$100 to a delivery. We do it here at work since we don't have a dock. Any trucking company that makes residential deliveries will have them.

This isn't rocket science. I can't believe the lift vendors would just say, "it's your problem" when certainly most of the customers for low and mid rise lifts are residential.
In my case, I just had them hold the lift at the local delivery warehouse. We took a pick up with a flatbed car trailer over there and had them drop it in with the forklift. Got (pizza-bribed) 6 friends over to the house, then just manually move it from the car trailer into the garage. Although, for this plan to work, you must have 6 friends.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:46 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Oh..oh..the thread starter has been banned....was it spam?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It isn't the dealer, it's the freight co. I can only assume you can make whatever arrangements you want prior to purchasing, but it will cost you extra. If I remember correctly it would have cost me about $50 extra to have it delivered to the house w/ a liftgate but that still would have left it in the street (for me) since I didn't want a tractor/trailer rig on my driveway. I still would have had to find a way to get it into my garage, NOT an easy task. Request whatever suits your situation, I was only making a suggestion as someone who has been there/done that.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Trinitony, Yeah Criv emailed me saying that he can't get back on rennlist. I don't follow why. Sent an email to the admin asking what was up, if the guy broke a rule or something.

-P