993 Forum 1995-1998

San Vicente Beverly Hills 8:45AM Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:19 PM
digdoug2001
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Vicente Beverly Hills 8:45AM Today

Some A-hole in a Silver Mitsubishi Montero drove north on the south bound lane this morning and ran me off into the median...I slid across the gravel through the median with oncoming north bound traffic bearing down...THANK GOD I had the presence of mind to let the car roll across the northbound lane (so I wouldn't get t-boned) into ANOTHER median and up against a tree. DAMMIT!!! I hit the first median at 45+mph and the passenger front wheel almost broke away from the vehicle...it's FUBAR-ed. Also both OEM wheels are trashed on passenger side...there is a HUGE chunk of alloy missing from the rear wheel. Tires are gone. Clipped a tree. Crapped up the Drivers side and dented the rear fender flare...the best aesthetic feature of the car...Unfortunatley the A-HOLE that caused the accident took off...slimy gutless puke. A good samaritan who witnessed the accident tried to chase him down but said he had to give up pursuit after the person ran two more red lights...
Sorry to complain. I guess I just needed to vent. All of this happened to my 1996 Red Tip C2.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:23 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Man that sucks! I feel your pain. No shortage of bad drivers in BH, that's for sure! Hope it all works out okay.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 553 Posts

Wow, I hope that they catch the bugger that fled. Hopefully they do!

Good luck with the repairs and glad you are not a casualty! I had a similar incident spinning across the median in the rain, but no impacts. Adds to the 'pucker' factor, eh?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's HORRIBLE. I feel for you. Sounds like the damage is repairable, and you were'nt hurt. I hope the damage is repaired and the new paint job makes it better than ever.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:37 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 207 Posts

We're glad you're ok.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:59 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a possibility that the city has camera's at the lights that person ran? Maybe a license plate caught on camera? Chances of anything coming out if it would be slim to none but enough reports of this erratic driving of the same description of car, at the same time, in the same area could lead to a suspect.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

That' really sucks... very sorry to hear about the dammages but glad to hear that you're okay. Good luck the rest of the way... Karma bruddah, it'll come back to that bastard.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow! Certainly hope you get her all fixed properly and taken care of by insurance. Also hope someone catches this nimwhit!!
Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
Is there a possibility that the city has camera's at the lights that person ran? Maybe a license plate caught on camera? Chances of anything coming out if it would be slim to none but enough reports of this erratic driving of the same description of car, at the same time, in the same area could lead to a suspect.
Great point. BH has TONS of red light cameras. You may be able to find that A@#hole after all.

Good luck
Old 08-16-2006, 05:01 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by digdoug2001
Some A-hole in a Silver Mitsubishi Montero drove north on the south bound lane this morning and ran me off into the median...I slid across the gravel through the median with oncoming north bound traffic bearing down...THANK GOD I had the presence of mind to let the car roll across the northbound lane (so I wouldn't get t-boned) into ANOTHER median and up against a tree. DAMMIT!!! I hit the first median at 45+mph and the passenger front wheel almost broke away from the vehicle...it's FUBAR-ed. Also both OEM wheels are trashed on passenger side...there is a HUGE chunk of alloy missing from the rear wheel. Tires are gone. Clipped a tree. Crapped up the Drivers side and dented the rear fender flare...the best aesthetic feature of the car...Unfortunatley the A-HOLE that caused the accident took off...slimy gutless puke. A good samaritan who witnessed the accident tried to chase him down but said he had to give up pursuit after the person ran two more red lights...
Sorry to complain. I guess I just needed to vent. All of this happened to my 1996 Red Tip C2.
I work in the office building on San Vicente and Wilshire. If you need any assistance let me know.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:09 PM
digdoug2001
Intermediate

Thanks to all for your kind words and good suggestions. I am trying to track down the guy that caused this...meantime I am driving a Murano. I want my car back! As strange as this may sound, I didn't realize how much I really liked my car but everytime I walk up to the rental my shoulders slump. I guess I got 993 in my blood...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

You were the victim of a hit and run. Even if there was not contact between your cars he is guilty by influence. A hit and run report should have been filed and your insurance should cover it without charging you with fault. Good luck...

Quick Reply: San Vicente Beverly Hills 8:45AM Today