Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black on Granite (with some Iowa bugs and Nebraska dirt added)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:01 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 348 Likes on 154 Posts

Mike,

We sold the boat and now our house is for sale. We still haven't decided where to move to this time. Sure looks pretty up there. Not too many blue haired blue tagged drivers on the roads up your way? If not, it would be a much safer place to drive a 993 than R Can Saw . Can we become your neighbors?

JoAnne

PS: We were in Iowa last Friday. When did you drive through?

Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Beautiful scenery. Headed over there, Yellowstone etc. in September.
Joe

PM me before you leave, if you'd like suggestions on where to eat, what to see and do, etc...

Originally Posted by ed devinney
Wow, I thought he had more experience than that....

Nice pics :-)
C'mon I bet JB has at least two pair, so he can change them monthly, about as frequently as Eric makes major changes to his P-cars

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Beautiful pictures, Mike!!!!

Now SLOW DOWN. You should be driving slow enough that the bugs have time to get out of the way! The founder of Hey, Wait For Me Racing should know better.
Busted!!!!

You're right, I'm going to have to put myself on double secret probation Actually it was the new suspension's fault, not mine. All the bugs were killed on corners. It can't help but be fast in corners now.

Originally Posted by RJT
Mike,

We sold the boat and now our house is for sale. We still haven't decided where to move to this time. Sure looks pretty up there. Not too many blue haired blue tagged drivers on the roads up your way? If not, it would be a much safer place to drive a 993 than R Can Saw . Can we become your neighbors?

JoAnne

PS: We were in Iowa last Friday. When did you drive through?

Hello Superior Mother

It is gorgeous up here.

Drivers are very polite, everybody waits for the other person at stop signs, but drive quite quickly on open roads.

It is gorgeous up here. I came for the Tetons, but have really come to appreciate the four other ranges that form Jackson Hole.

We welcome neighbors, especially Rennlisters.

You have to be careful giving out spankings though, some people here still have the old west mindset.

Not many blue hairs. Just the opposite. Lots of terminally fit young people exscaping real life to board, ski, climb, kayak, bike and fish.

An appreciation for Harleys helps too.

We drove though Iowa on Monday in 4.5 hours.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:24 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike,

Sounds like a great trip. I spent 2.5 years (when I was a little kid) living in Idaho and my Dad was a ski patroller at Grand Targee (sp?) mountain on the other side of Jackson Hole. I bought my first set of skiis in Jackson Hole and used to ski there a couple times a year when Dad wasn't patrolling that weekend.

That part of the country is just absolutely gorgeous. My Dad also climbed the grand teton and he has a great 3 section painting of your picture.

Hope all is well for you in Chicago and I hope to see the Chicago group at Gingerman next July 4th weekend when we start that trip back up (3 month old kept us from coming this year).

Skip

Quick Reply: Black on Granite (with some Iowa bugs and Nebraska dirt added)