Just an FYI - Truspeed seems to have a lot of nice 993s

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just an FYI - Truspeed seems to have a lot of nice 993s

right now. They can be found at www.truspeedmotorcars.com.

No affiliation etc.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One: OVERPRICED!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

They are definitely not cheap but they do have supply. Lots of relevant experience with Truspeed in the archives. Those who move forward with them should search for sure. I am not for or against them. Just pointing out cars to those who are looking.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just stopped by Newport Porsche and they have two 993TTs - one black and one Arena Red. Salesman claimed the Arena Red had engine mods with 500hp and only 1,500 miles. They want $139,900! Very nice car, but aside from the price I'd be worried about engine seals, etc.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
AnthemAVM
Racer

Truspeed only gets the best cars in, and they have taken care of folks after the sale also.

I just wish they had a clean 95, with low miles.

Michael
Old 07-13-2006, 04:08 PM
eb
Intermediate

They have a 1996 TT in Arena Red Metallic that I have been coveting for a few weeks now. Now if they would only have a 10% off sale on it...

Eric, nice C4S!

-Eric
Old 07-13-2006, 07:54 PM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

That Arena TT is Flawless.... I spent some time drooling over it on Monday.....but much too rich for my blood.....
Old 07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
JM993
Banned

I love 993TTs. But $139K will buy you a 997GT3 and an early 993.

I'm not a big fan of specialty shops like Truspeed and Wilhoit (sic?). They attempt to buy up the inventory of nice 993s and artifically inflate the price. This is the same reason why it's hard to buy a nice early 911 or mid year Corvettes these days for a reasonable price. They are now all owned by dealers who can afford to sit on them until someone with more $$$ than brains takes the plunge. There's a dealer near me selling a plain 70 911T in decent shape for $28K, for example. And, are 1967 Corvettes really worth $100K plus. I guess, if someone will pay it. It just makes me wonder what the market for these cars would be like without these monopolistic dealers.

My .02 as usual....
Old 07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe... hate to be the one to bring bad news, but it's called free enterprise. More power to them if they can get what they’re asking! The guys are supplying as close to perfect cars as one could expect. The post was just to let anyone know that might be in the market there are some nice cars to be had. And, while I'm at it, take a look at some of Ray's cars at www.rpmsportscars.com.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:56 PM
AnthemAVM
Racer

While they do have high prices, if I was going to buy a car from one of the highline dealers, it would be truspeed, glad they are about 10 miles from my house.

If they would only get a car in for me.

Michael
Old 07-14-2006, 02:31 AM
JM993
Banned

Originally Posted by scott watkins
Joe... hate to be the one to bring bad news, but it's called free enterprise. More power to them if they can get what they’re asking! The guys are supplying as close to perfect cars as one could expect. The post was just to let anyone know that might be in the market there are some nice cars to be had. And, while I'm at it, take a look at some of Ray's cars at www.rpmsportscars.com.
I understand the concept of free enterprise. I also understand the anti-trust concept (which is "mostly" illegal) in the US. Are these dealers a monopoly in the pure sense? Not quite. But the symptoms are similar. As I stated, I guess the cars are worth these inflated prices if someone will pay.

It's just a shame for those enthusiasts who actually drive these cars instead of locking them away......
Old 07-14-2006, 02:54 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I suggest you compete with them, start buying cars and selling them like they do. Provide better customer service, and a better experience. Find cars faster, and have better negotiation skills. My 2 cents..

Originally Posted by jmarch
I understand the concept of free enterprise. I also understand the anti-trust concept (which is "mostly" illegal) in the US. Are these dealers a monopoly in the pure sense? Not quite. But the symptoms are similar. As I stated, I guess the cars are worth these inflated prices if someone will pay.

It's just a shame for those enthusiasts who actually drive these cars instead of locking them away......
Old 07-14-2006, 03:01 AM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As a Truspeed purchaser, I can attest to their integrity. If I'd purchased my car from a private party and then found shortly thereafter that the car needed a top end, do you think said seller would've pitched in for half the job like Truspeed did? No way.

I probably did pay a premium (not an exorbitant one), but in the end it did buy peace of mind. Everyone puts a different premium on "value"... for me, it was worth the few extra grand I paid.

And I agree with Scott, FWIW... there are plenty of good 993s out there in the private market, and I don't think outfits like Truspeed artificially inflate the cost of our cars. Their volume is tiny compared to the whole market, even just in So Cal. More power to 'em if they find the really nice ones... my guess is they're not getting them "cheap".

And by the way, I am one of those enthusiasts who drives my 993 every day.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:26 AM
JM993
Banned

Originally Posted by kgorman
I suggest you compete with them, start buying cars and selling them like they do. Provide better customer service, and a better experience. Find cars faster, and have better negotiation skills. My 2 cents..
Well I've got the buying the cars part down pretty well. Can't seem to get the selling part right though......

FWIW, I buy all my cars from private parties. I guess I don't like paying a BIG premium for "customer service and a better experience." Maybe I'm just crazy (or cheap).

One last note, while I'm sure Truspeed is one of the good guys, in my experience, many dealers are much more accomplished at the art of deception than your average private party. If you don't believe me do a search of Rennlist for some of your "favorite" dealers (Victory, Wilhoit, etc). Most are not our friends.

Quick Reply: Just an FYI - Truspeed seems to have a lot of nice 993s