Sponsored by:

Seattle-What the F, no rain?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 01:38 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seattle-What the F, no rain?

I spent the last week in Seattle (actually Everett) working and can say I have avoided rain in my last 6 trips there on business. Went on a sailboat ride last Thursday and couldnt have asked for a better evening and night out on the water.

For all those in Seattle, great place. If I expand my busines, I could end up there at some point. But in the mean time, I cant complain about where you can find the best whisky, beer, and wine in the US-Good 'ol Utah
Old 06-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shhhhh....don't tell anybody! We want to keep this illusion of crappy weather all the time! Summers are great here but early falls, long winters and a longer spring can be a bit much. WE are usualy rainy through the 4th of July. Very nice and really too hot for us....

Cheers
Old 06-27-2006, 01:57 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

The seceret is out, too late.

Salt Lake City is just the opposite-no rain at all. Well, not no rain but far and few between showers during the summer. Really hot here now but just a short drive (15-20 minutes and Im there from my house) and up at Snowbird and Alta or Brighton and Solitude-great drives and nice reduction from the heat.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:02 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Yea, not my top choices of places to stay but I was sponsoring a show at University Centers at Everett Station so planted there. But I did get out on the water and sailed on a very nice 42' sail boat and that made up for staying in Everett for a few days. Cruisded past Huskies stadium, Gates house, and drank and chilled with Seattle in the background to around 11pm.

Originally Posted by JustAnotherRed993
but no offense...everett kinda sucks...at least it did when I was there...more cloudy up there from edmonds north due to the convergance zone or something like that.

And Bruce isn't kiddding...it usually does rain on the 4th quite a bit.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:44 AM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
I spent the last week in Seattle (actually Everett) working and can say I have avoided rain in my last 6 trips there on business. Went on a sailboat ride last Thursday and couldnt have asked for a better evening and night out on the water.

For all those in Seattle, great place. If I expand my busines, I could end up there at some point. But in the mean time, I cant complain about where you can find the best whisky, beer, and wine in the US-Good 'ol Utah
... wait a second. It sounds like your arrival means that its going to be sunny. Please, visit more often!

Everett is sketchy at best... but you're that much closer to Vancouver!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seattle? Nice place to visit from July 15th through early September. Other than that, be certain to have plenty of mold and mildew remover for the inside of your garage doors, etc. And by keeping at it with the mold and mildew remover, you can keep the mold from forming on you! I lived there for 14+ years, with 'natives" telling me "you will get used to it after a few years"....never happened. Then....the masses came in. I do miss my place in the Teanaway Valley (3/4 of the State has sun.....Go East Young Man). Speaking of smelly, how is The Tacoma Aroma??? Or, is it gone these days?

(How am I doing with my population control help guys?).
Old 06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect, Bull....thanks...we hate it here!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

I think the east coast has taken up the national allotment of rain...
Old 06-27-2006, 01:16 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by JustAnotherRed993

Seattle ROCKS ...but if you really want to do it right...ya gotta get a place on Lake Washington with moorage...then you REALLY experience what the beauty of Seattle is all about...why did I ever move
Here is the view from my home office this morning... don't let the sun fool you- I am a tech guy and photoshopped out the rain! LOL

Last edited by TomF; 04-13-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
But in the mean time, I cant complain about where you can find the best whisky, beer, and wine in the US-Good 'ol Utah
I'll take a little exception to that (unless you're just being tongue in cheek ). Not that the Wasatch beers aren't good ("you can't have just one"), but you must not have had the right beers up here. Mac & Jack's, Pyramid hefeweizen, Manny's... And last time I checked, it's not like Utah has a burgeoning wine industry. I'll get off my Washington fanboy soapbox now...

If you're in Everett again, give me a shout, I'm just south of there. I've got some excellent homebrew and a great view of Puget Sound waiting!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TomF
Here is the view from my home office this morning... don't let the sun fool you- I am a tech guy and photoshopped out the rain! LOL
Nice photochop! If you are where I think you are, I would be looking back at you from the South end of Mercer Island on the water when I lived there......that is when I could see that far through all of the fog and rain, slugs and such!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:03 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 134 Posts

Bob, actually, I am North in Lake Forest Park at the "quiet" end of the lake. I get to watch the Kenmore Air planes take off all day. The pic is actually facing south-southest with Arrowhead Point in the center and Sandpoint in the far background.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TomF
Bob, actually, I am North in Lake Forest Park at the "quiet" end of the lake. I get to watch the Kenmore Air planes take off all day. The pic is actually facing south-southest with Arrowhead Point in the center and Sandpoint in the far background.
Ah, got it.....I have been gone too long. Brings back memories of Sandpoint Naval Air Station years ago, when I learned that sideswiping the sentry shack when pulling up to relinguish your pass when exiting, so that the sentry can't get out the door, causes a big problem back in those days. Hey it was a long night, and those damn Austin-Healeys have rather loose steering.........
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brett - 1996 C4
I'll take a little exception to that (unless you're just being tongue in cheek ). Not that the Wasatch beers aren't good ("you can't have just one"), but you must not have had the right beers up here. Mac & Jack's, Pyramid hefeweizen, Manny's... And last time I checked, it's not like Utah has a burgeoning wine industry. I'll get off my Washington fanboy soapbox now...

If you're in Everett again, give me a shout, I'm just south of there. I've got some excellent homebrew and a great view of Puget Sound waiting!
I see you know Polygamy Porter? What a classic beer for Utah! Little to dark for me but Chasing Tail and St. Provo Girl arent too bad.

Probably be up in the Seattle area in the next couple of months but been traveling for fun and work the past 3 weeks so Im staying put for a bit. Heading to Tahoe (Incline Villiage) in a few weeks for a wedding and chill time. Actually bought my C4 and 77 Bronco in Incline.

When Im up there next time, I will drop a line.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Bogwan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really stays awful most the time here . Standard image submitted.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Seattle-What the F, no rain?