Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:07 AM
JustAnotherRed993
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JustAnotherRed993 formal intro & insurance advise thread

taptaptap...is this thing on?...

ehm ehm ehmmm

Hello...my name is **** and I'm a Porscheholic.

Hellooooo ****!!!

ah...I see...obviously not AA here...I must be in the right place...this is the 993 forum right?...cool...there sure are alot of you guys.

calllllm down...I got cher pictures that you all so incessantly require ...but you're just gonna have to suffer through my post unless you are the kind of guy that has been lying to your wife and girlfriends saying "no I buy it for the articles...I don't just drool over the pictures" if so...tab down...there's a couple...nothing special...hence the screenname...haven't chosen an avatar yet but you can bet it will be unlike any other on the site...no...no naked chicks...hell...I'll even give the first person who can guess what it is...hmmmm...I dunno...you guys are pretty high rollers here...how bout $20...cash.

Ok...seriously though...don't want to waste yall's time...Ive been lurking and learning for a while here on rennlist...already knew I wanted a 993...never realized that they ended up with the various issues CEL/SAI...but I still bought one Sure...some people will always want the latest and greatest but I'm a pretty simple guy and the 993 was just what the Dr. Ordered. I could have bought a 2000 996...even for less $$$ here in Los Angeles...but I had already driven a friends 2001TT and although it was rocketship fast, handled like a dream, and was smooth as silk...but compared to my previous '88 3.2 it lacked the feeling in the seat of your pants kind of thing for me...still a beautiful and well made car however.

So most of my contributions to rennlist so far have been insurance claim related for the most part (I was an Auto Adjuster in Seattle for 8 years)...some people seem to have appreciated some of the straight up advice that I have offered on line and by PM so I figured that I would just set up a thread...just keep in mind...I'm not the poor soul that has to handle your claim so please don't take out your frustrations on me. but I may be able to offer salient advice with regards to auto claims for fellow 993ers.

Texans...sorry...can't help y'all...different policy & insurance regulations down there than the rest of the continental US...what's up with that

So anyhow...if you got questions (Auto-Insurance)...feel free to ask here. I do know that there is a guy who is a claims manager here on the board which I believe will be helpful in explaining some of the dynamics that go on "behind the scenes" with regards to your claim...nothing fancy...but if it helps...cool.

So...anyhow...without further adieu...I finally took a couple pics at the Village Coffee Roaster Eurocar Sunday today...yeah...it's parked off to the side...you know...it's just another red 993...stock...It's sure no Rufus and definitely not as cool of a color as BluMnM's car. (nice to meet you guys today btw).

oh...yeah...and the $20 still stands.
Attached Images   

Last edited by JustAnotherRed993; 07-17-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:14 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Great pics! Another arrest me red in the fold! She certainly looks nice... Its good you have now a before pic (stock). A few months later she aint gonna look the same
Old 06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Blue Ocean
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!!!
That's just another fine look'n red 993 ya got ther.
Y'all spent any time back hir in TX???

Oh, BTW. Great into. We may not be AA but we do have a 12 step program to help you get over the fear of not keeping your car stock!

Last edited by Blue Ocean; 06-26-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:15 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, nice to meet you yesterday. Cya at the lounge.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:32 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Beautiful! It's refreshing to see an (bumperplugs) unmolested 993 (red RS seatbelts) every now and again. I'm thinking (PSS9's) a simple guy (xenons) like yourself won't spend (HRE wheels) alot of time (bumperette removal) modifying, but just driving. (Supercups) Enjoy and welcome!!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Welcome! Great intro.

Is that silver car a 250 GT SWB? I love old Ferraris.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Here's a couple more from the vcr yesterday.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

As we like to say in Texas, it's a whole nother country!!

Thanks for the entertaining intro. I did read the whole thing, not just skip to the pics. We'll see you on board then!!

Originally Posted by JustAnotherRed993

Texans...sorry...can't help y'all...different policy & insurance regulations down there than the rest of the continental US...what's up with that
Old 06-26-2006, 01:25 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the pics and welcome!!

I got into an argument about insurance yesterday and it makes me wonder if Im not as covered as I think. I have standard State Farm insurance and contacted them a few months back regarding a question on my 95 993. I wanted to know that if the car was stolen or totalled, would I get back what the car was worth on the street. You know since there is such a disparity between KBB and street value. Anyway they called me back and said that I have nothing to worry about since I have replacement value policy. I asked to get this in writing and never saw anything. The guy I was talking to yesterday, who seemes knowlegeble on the subject said that replacement value is KBB and I need additional coverage.

What do you guys know about this? Im all confused and I would go postal if I got in an accident and got a check for something like $10k as "replacement value". Unfortunately, my agent does not seem knowlegeble on older sport cars and I dont want to be left holding the bag.....
Old 06-26-2006, 01:39 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Oh, and Steve Michealson's (OFE) lovely wife Joanie. Man that Steve has good taste in women.

And another of that beautiful red sled
Old 06-26-2006, 01:40 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

One last interesting find. A Studabaker that caught my eye.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:15 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

It was good to meet "JAR993" at the VCR yesterday. Alan, Joanie thanks you for the compliment!

The Studebaker: did you get a shot of the engine? It has the original Paxton supercharger and a PRESSURIZED carbueretor. This was a "Golden Hawk" model (if memory serves, which it usually doesn't).

Gordo's post is a riot, with the subliminal messages. JAR993 will need to be kicked down that slope to get him started.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! Love the intro.

Alan...great pics as usual.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard...I need to do a formal intro on myself sometime, too, not just jump in as I have been doing.

I really appreciated your insights into the wonderful world of auto insurance.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks again for the information - that makes me feel better. I will start collecting a database of data. Not that my car will show up at Jackson Barrett or anything, but I want to make sure I take a substantial loss on it if something happens!!!

Quick Reply: JustAnotherRed993 formal intro & insurance advise thread