New info for AC Hydraulics jack users

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:36 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts
Exclamation New info for AC Hydraulics jack users

See my earlier post about my jack issues...

After several hours of calling around, I have some very useful info for anyone with an AC jack. First, Stertil-Koni is basically completely out of the AC Hydraulics business, service, support or sales. Don't even bother with them.

The company to talk to is ESCO in Florida. Call Nick (800) 352-9852. Really nice helpful people and they also do repairs! They are an AC importer and also do private labeling of the DK13HLQ, which I have. It is ESCO model #10466 and this is tremendously useful as ESCO has affiliated dealers and repair shops all over the US. AC Hydraulics has only a handful of affiliated dealers and repair shops. Bill in parts at ESCO has all the names of all the dealers.

Incidentally, if your jack starts leaking, STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY! Apparently, if you keep pumping on it, you can score the cylinder in the pump and it cannot be repaired. If this happens, you will have to buy a completely new assembly and it can cost more than a new jack. Hopefully, I did not kill mine.

Also, it is important to note that the hydraulic cylinder and pump is not serviceable by DIYers. The pump and assembly has to be callibrated so that it does not exceed the working weight capacity of the jack frame. You can send the pump/cylinder assy. to ESCO for repairs, but most ESCO shops will need the whole jack to calibrate the system properly.

I will keep everyone posted as soon as I get the estimate back on Friday on my jack which is now at an ESCO authorized repair shop in Seattle.

I hope that this saves another Rennlister a wasted day of phone calls and frustration.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info Tom. Thanks for all your hard work on this
Old 05-03-2006, 09:22 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange as it may seem, they are located about 5 miles from my house in FL. I didn't even think about it until someone else looked at my jack and asked if I just picked it up at the next town over. I bought it from Esco in Brooksville, FL a few years ago. Weird...

Thanks for the info. They are still the best jack I have EVER used.. About three HARD years of use and still going strong. Good luck Tom and keep us posted.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Don't get me wrong- I love my jack! It just has been a bit more complicated to get it repaired than I would have liked. With the info about Esco, I think that it will all get sorted out soon.

Bob, that is one more reason for me to move back to the Tampa Bay area! (I used to live down in St. Pete.) I wonder what is the average life of the seals on the jacks? Also, do you have any info about correct adjustment? The Ultimate Garage website has proprietary (hah!) info about this, but they won't send it to me...
Old 05-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

My guess is the life of the seals is pretty good given the abuse I'm sure Bob has subjected his jack to. I also noticed that Wheel Enhancement uses the AC jacks at their shop, which I'm sure means they get lots and lots of use.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

So far my jack has only lifted my children
Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Another update: I just got the quote back from the local ESCO repair shop. Just to reseal the pump/cylinder assy was $209 + tax! I told them to eat it.

I called the nice folks back at ESCO in FLA and they said that they can sell me the seal kit, which is #0906000, for $34.66 and they would install and calibrate for $50. Even with freight to and from Seattle, that is WAY cheaper than the local shop. I will be sending them my cylinder on Monday.

In honor of that great American tradition called Cinco de Mayo, I am going to buy myself a nice Anejo with the money I save....Cheers!

Old 05-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's a link to a UK company's website (Sealey Tools) that markets the AC jack in the UK under their own label and lists a parts diagram and a limited instruction set. No idea about parts prices or availability though.

http://www.sealey-tools.co.uk/partse...&search=1301hl
Old 10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Not to resurrect an old thread here, but... here we are more than five years later, and it is time once again for new seals. Not a bad lifespan I suppose, but I don't really use my jack all that much.

Isn't Rennlist great? I searched my old posts and came up with the part number for the reseal kit.

How are everyone else's AC jacks holding up? Nearly a decade in and I have had to only rebuild the cylinder twice. I suspect the seals are drying out from lack of use.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

6 years or so in and all's good - just had to replace the donuts on the wheels. Would love to get a set of hard urethane wheels but I don't think they ever got produced in quantity.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had mine for almost 10 years but don't use it that much since I went with the Bend-Pak and then MaxJax lifts. Only issue on mine is the rubber O-rings on the wheels have dry-rotted and I know of no place that sells o-rings of that size. I know Pelican sells replacements though, just need to place an order.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

8 years, no issues.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:15 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Guys. Some information for your archives:

- Pelican is now the exclusive AC Hydraulic importer for the United States.

- Warranty issues can be handled through us.

- We have spare parts in stock, including the rubber o-rings for the wheels.

Thanks,

Wayne
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 09-11-2014, 12:42 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Hi Guys. Some information for your archives:

- Pelican is now the exclusive AC Hydraulic importer for the United States.

- Warranty issues can be handled through us.

- We have spare parts in stock, including the rubber o-rings for the wheels.

Thanks,

Wayne
Holy thread resurrection, Batman! It's time to reseal my jack again. Wayne, I have noticed that all the AC jacks and parts are not available presently. What is the story?

I need to get another seal/rebuild kit...

Thanks,
TomF
Old 09-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Have a look at http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/sh...d1_pg6.htm#buy

Quick Reply: New info for AC Hydraulics jack users