993 Forum 1995-1998

How long for PSS9 fitting

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:28 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
..all rear suspension components are back in and waiting to be tighten...thanks again to VP and Jeff for making this happen...

Beer time...
Awesome, Tony. Glad you finally wrapped it up.

I've been really happy to hear how many of us have done this upgrade ourselves. We know it is done right.

Atta boy.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY

Well after swearing, and say unmentionables the only way to get this #$#% eccentric bolt out was by putting a real small dent in the heat exchanger. Once the dent was in, the bolt slid right out. After 2 nights of frustration this was my only recourse.... Spoke to dhicks earlier on...his slid right out...

So to update things..all rear suspension components are back in and waiting to be tighten. I guess the strongest engines are in white cars so they have larger left heat exchangers... Looking at the exchanger closely it looked like it had been previously wacked.. All in all everyone should tackle this..thanks again to VP and Jeff for making this happen...

Beer time...
Mmmm, pumped up heat exchangers.......!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:31 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Awesome, Tony. Glad you finally wrapped it up.

I've been really happy to hear how many of us have done this upgrade ourselves. We know it is done right.

Atta boy.

Yup..sure is ..david should also be done shortly...he's moving real fast.. guess he'll be chiming in shortly...
Old 04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Tony!!! Feels good, doesn't it. I've spoken to David a couple of times today and he is well on his way...
Old 04-29-2006, 09:17 PM
dhicks
Drifting

I was doing great until I tried to split the last rear unit....I CANT GET THE DANG NUT OFF THE TOP.....I have tried most of what I can think of and what Tony suggested.....I have left it soaking in penetrating fluid overnight to see if that helps....if not I am going to get nasty....since I dont need the unit I will cut and drill out if I cant get it undone after soaking. I was doing so well.....three hours last night did the fronts and the first half of the rears was easy...............it just this last piece then I am off for alignment...........I just want to thank Bob for his telephone support and Jeff for the awesome write up.......and Tony for just being there for each other as we waded our way through this one....thanks guys
Old 04-29-2006, 09:30 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

David -

Can you lock it in a vise to give you more leverage?

If not, lock the Vise Grip on the shock shaft between the spring coils. Then sit down on a chair and stand the strut up in front of you with the bottom resting on the floor and the end of the Vice Grip wedged up against your right calf muscle for leverage. Then you can use both hands and a socket wrench to apply more force to loosen the nut.

One of my rear struts was like that and required some serious leverage to break free.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Jeff. I will try in the morning....if not the dremmel will be used to cut down through the nut !!!

Quick Reply: How long for PSS9 fitting