Sponsored by:

How long for PSS9 fitting

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:25 PM
mcuozzo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, that's a good friend to have!

The lift would have been a major help. Having a lift and having done it once already I'm sure I could do it in one day (sway bars included).

Now if I could only shrink my hands...
Old 04-27-2006, 03:42 PM
dhicks
Drifting

John...........4 hours.....total....the lot....all of it
Old 04-27-2006, 04:39 PM
jrb964
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lift is what made it easy...it probably would have taken 12 to 16 hours without the lift. Everything is right there in front of you...no getting up and down from the floor, no forgetting wrenches, and an extra set of hands to help made it pretty simple.

John
Old 04-27-2006, 05:43 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The DIY is located in my signature.

Edit - actually, just in case I ever change my signature, here is the direct link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/258810-diy-suspension-install-for-dummies.html
Old 04-28-2006, 01:04 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Damm..left side eccentric bolt.....

Started rear tonight...

Problem...left side eccentric bolt was real easy to loosen...however the heat exchanger is the way of removing it completely . Tried jacking the engine up some...but still don't have enough clearance...

Tips please....
Old 04-28-2006, 01:52 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes, the left side can be tricky. Rotate the eccentric until the flat part of the shaft is pointing downwards. This will allow the inboard toe link to be moved downwards in its clevis. This should give you enough clearance to wiggle and sweet talk the bolt out. Tricky sometimes, but very much doable.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:58 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Yes, the left side can be tricky. Rotate the eccentric until the flat part of the shaft is pointing downwards. This will allow the inboard toe link to be moved downwards in its clevis. This should give you enough clearance to wiggle and sweet talk the bolt out. Tricky sometimes, but very much doable.

ok..I'm in for the night...but I think I tried that, Jeff has that it his write-up..maybe I'm not doing it right..."rotate the eccentric until the flat part of the shaft is pointdownwars etc..so once the inboard..moves downward..there should just be enough clearance..hmm..ok..I'll try it in the morning....

tiks..
Old 04-28-2006, 05:13 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Also make sure Tony that the eccentric is all the way to the ouside of where it can slide in the suspension member...
Old 04-28-2006, 07:17 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Tony....I am starting tonight...front first .... I await your advice on how you get this done....
Old 04-28-2006, 11:04 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dhicks
Tony....I am starting tonight...front first .... I await your advice on how you get this done....
Man...still can't this eccentric bolt past the heat exchange...
Old 04-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Maybe you are not lifting the motor in the right place. If I remeber correctly, place the jack closer to the front of the car on the case, rather in the rear. So the motor tilts up, it doesn't have to move much.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:24 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todd B
Maybe you are not lifting the motor in the right place. If I remeber correctly, place the jack closer to the front of the car on the case, rather in the rear. So the motor tilts up, it doesn't have to move much.

The jack is kinda more to the rear...all I need is a lil....eech..feel like I could wack a lil dent in the heat exchanger..who design this..lol
Old 04-29-2006, 12:27 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Try to move the inboard end of the toe-link downwards in its clevis. It will only move a little, but a little is all you need.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:37 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
The jack is kinda more to the rear...all I need is a lil....eech..feel like I could wack a lil dent in the heat exchanger..who design this..lol
Not that I want to bless that technique, but as I just mentioned in a PM, some have used a mallet to "create" extra clearance from that darn heat exchanger.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:22 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Well after swearing, and say unmentionables the only way to get this #$#% eccentric bolt out was by putting a real small dent in the heat exchanger. Once the dent was in, the bolt slid right out. After 2 nights of frustration this was my only recourse.... Spoke to dhicks earlier on...his slid right out...

So to update things..all rear suspension components are back in and waiting to be tighten. I guess the strongest engines are in white cars so they have larger left heat exchangers... Looking at the exchanger closely it looked like it had been previously wacked.. All in all everyone should tackle this..thanks again to VP and Jeff for making this happen...

Beer time...

Quick Reply: How long for PSS9 fitting