Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

DC/ MD/ VA/ WV/ PA.....meet in May...UPDATED info

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

I should be able to make it with my 996 and may bring my 4 year old as well; However, we will not make it to the lunch.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:24 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look forward to seeing you and your "co-driver"....
Old 04-14-2006, 04:03 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

HI Mark, I've been traveling so much I haven't been able to get on the boards in the countries I've been in. When I home I've barely had time. But as good fortune would have it, I got on yesterday and wow - a meet and greet planned for a week I will be in the US. See you soon.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:38 AM
plymouthcolt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count two more definitely in--me and my Carrera and my buddy with his 993.

(Clutch will be replaced in time)

Old 04-15-2006, 02:56 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

We should have an awesome turnout!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:49 PM
hchan911
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I need "pill controller" to calm me down
Old 04-16-2006, 10:15 AM
dhicks
Drifting

It looks like we have about as many as are likel;y to come now....but I only have two PMs for the lunch....please PM me with yes or no....I need to give the numbers to steve for the reservation
Old 04-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

David,

You'll likely get a number of people who won't commit on the boards but will show up at the meet.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

HAHAHA, 15 people committ to the drive on the board...40 show up...60 wanna go for lunch but don't announce it til we set off for the drive! The beauty of drive-organization on Rennlist! It never fails!
Old 04-16-2006, 11:12 AM
dhicks
Drifting

So we leave the reservation for 25 and hope that we get at least that??? Steve...since you made the reservation for me....are you comfortable with just leaving it at 25???

Really looking forward to this one guys......I am going to spend all day on the 6th cleaning my car...weather permitting.....and steve I will make sure I have NO mishaps this time!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 437 Posts

I'm in for that $21.95 brunch for sure! It sounds great, as usual. Sometimes it's the unexpected highlight of the day, eating with a new group of Rennlisters and their friends/wives/S.O.'s/etc and the conversation that happens over food.

Uh, like I would really want to miss, for $21.95...
"Eggs, Potatoes, applewood smoked bacon, fritattas, french toast, caeser salad, thai chicken salad, smoked salmon, oysters, mussels, cheese trays, vegetable trays, pastas, sushi, pastries, desserts, and fresh fruit and more stuff I probably forgot." That's enough food for my whole weekend . I don't think there's any food group that they don't serve at the Tuscarora Mills Restaurant brunch.

I'm all about coming hungry and eating lots of food!

http://www.tuskies.com/index.htm

From the Washingonian Magazine...

Tuscarora Mill American, Modern American

Leesburg
203 Harrison St., SE
Leesburg, VA
703-771-9300

The restored mill that gives this restaurant its name provides a delightful setting for lunch or dinner. The mill machinery overhangs the bar. In keeping with the original use of the premises, the walls in those two rooms are rough-hewn and decorated with handmade quilts.

Chef Patrick Dinh has combined a variety of cuisines in his personal style. The Modern American base is expanded with touches from France, Italy, China, and Vietnam. Good dishes are sautéed medallions of lobster with savory lobster butter; an Alsatian baked-onion tart with Port Salut cheese and blackberry coulis; Dinh's cioppino San Francisco*style, a nice array of seafood and fish in a vodka tomato broth; pan-roasted Long Island duckling topped with seared foie gras with jasmine rice and a Port-hoisin-ginger sauce with snow peas and carrots; a grilled pork porterhouse chop stuffed with braised apples; and sesame-roasted salmon with stir-fried vegetables and jasmine rice.

The impressive wine list includes 40 Cabernets or Cabernet blends from California alone. End the meal with the warm berry napoleon with blackberry liqueur.

From their website:
An American restaurant and café set in a 19th century renovated grain mill, Tuscarora Mill has been pleasing diners in Loudoun County for two decades. An independent, locally owned restaurant, we are passionate about great food and service. Always a leader in trends in dining, Tuskie’s, as locals have affectionately nicknamed us, has won culinary awards, Wine Spectator magazine accolades, A Washingtonian top 100 twice and picked by locals as a favorite in over a dozen readers polls. Join us for lunch, dinner a glass of wine seven days a week. Unique individually styled banquets and catering are also a specialty. We are here to serve you.

And this:
Tuscarora Mill writes...
Tuscarora Mill, the cornerstone of Market Station, has been serving fine food & wine to its guests since 1985. Originally an operating grain mill, Tuscarora Mill has maintained the rustic interior & charm of the mill. Chef Patrick Dinh’s seasonal menus use the freshest of local produce. Signature dishes include Sesame Roasted Salmon, Roasted Lamb Chops & Portuguese-style Rockfish. To compliment the menu, Tuscarora Mill has an impressive wine list, winner of the Wine Spectacular Award of Excellence for the past 10 years. The in-house bakery, SouthStreet Under, prepares savory breads & decadent desserts daily. Affectionately known to the locals as Tuskie’s, this finer eatery also sports a relaxing bar, serving 22 beers on tap & a café menu. Whether it is a romantic dinner, a casual lunch or a corporate function, Tuscarora Mill will surely exceed your expectations.

From Gayot.com review...
It’s hard to compete with Leesburg’s famed Tuscarora Mill, which offers a little of everything for the devoted gastronome and history buff. The restaurant occupies a former working mill, and also maintains both a fine-dining restaurant and an onsite bakery-café whose baked goodies grace the lunch and dinner menus in the main dining area. Executive chef Patrick Dinh makes sure that customers can count on excellent food, from his rare hamburgers and his pork chops with corn pudding and sweet roasted pecans, to his jumbo Gulf shrimp with cheese grits. Add to that the restaurant’s charm and history: large wooden beams, plank floors and still-operational mill parts tell a story about local history. This is a big favorite with the local landed gentry, and it’s easy to see why your best bet is to make reservations in advance.

Steve R
Old 04-16-2006, 05:18 PM
dhicks
Drifting

This is amazing...we could have as many as 40 porsche of all shapes and sizes turn up for this meeting!!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 06:08 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I still have every intention of making it there. I just don't know if the universe will cooperate.

BB.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Brave Heart
Racer

Sorry guys I'm out of the country on May 7th - Maybe next time
Old 04-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

And for all those on the fence about this... The food is worth the drive alone! We have never gone anywhere that wasn't amazing!

Quick Reply: DC/ MD/ VA/ WV/ PA.....meet in May...UPDATED info