Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DC/ MD/ VA/ WV/ PA.....meet in May...UPDATED info

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

Way to go, D Hicks, for an excellent day! Mark from Baltimore's gonna cringe when he sees the early reports back from the day as he couldn't make it...

Brian, are you a professional photographer? Those pics are amazing - you really captured the day! Here's my quickie pics. I wanted to get some of my wife as she's never been to one before and I was so surprised I conned her into going, on the basis that we'll only meet for a short while and then have a great brunch She thought it was only going to be a few guys and gals inside of Starbucks and a drive to the lunch. When I told her it was actually going to outside, she said, "outside? why?". She didn't get it till we arrived. She ended up meeting some nice women and men there and was surprisingly glad she went.

WOWEE!

The proud owner and his hot amp set up...

Shopping in Leesburg later today after lunch...

Great turnout, guys. Thanks to ALL that came. Learned alot from the Cayenne owner to the Cayman owner, the 944 owner, the 911 guys... It's great having the diversity. That's what it's all about.

Steve R
Old 05-07-2006, 06:48 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 264 Posts

David...when is the next one?

Good show!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.....that club coupe's finish is insane!!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:42 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

David,
Thank you for organizing the day - it was a wonderful time. Really enjoyed seeing Rennlisters from last year's run and meeting new faces.

Drifting my pig around that u-turn on Rockville Pike was the start to a fun blast all the way to the ferry.

Also enjoyed the brunch - no need for dinner tonight! Your new ride height is spot on - I shall get mine to the same height very soon....

Cheers,
Andreas
Old 05-07-2006, 08:13 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a great meet. We had a pretty good turnout and the weather was great. Props to David for setting it up.

Here are a few pictures from the Rockville meet.

The Starbucks parking lot was full of Porsches.

Vove's yellow coupe. I love the GT-3 bumper and the Kinesis rims.

More Porsches in the parking lot.

Rick Lee and programmatore's cars.

Thinking of getting a subwoofer for my cab for cruising around this summer. This guy had an insane setup! I will get the sub but I will skip the monster amp.

I love this 914. It had "914" PCA license plates.

I like this particular shade of blue on the 997.

The drive from Rockville to Vienna was a blast -- that was one crazy convoy! I can't wait until the next meet!

I will post some pictures from the Deutsche Marque Concourse in a little bit.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:44 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are my pics
Attached Images                
Old 05-07-2006, 09:46 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

A few more
Attached Images        
Old 05-07-2006, 11:04 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys - Sorry I had to bail out but I almost had a certain "to be un-named" vehicle run me over twice so vice getting excited and/or worring about swapping paint via my rear bumper I decided to just take off home once we crossed over 270.

BTW - remember that I too own a Cayenne but one observation I have for all is at the next meet we need to place them in the very back. I know when I'm driving my "S" I can keep up with the best of them out there but just like when motorcycles ride with trikes (the trikes get stuck in the back) I suggest we do the same when Cayennes are in the pack - stick them at the tail of our group.

Sounds like I missed out on some great fun but can't wait for next time...
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:19 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Sorry about your "issue" on the drive John. Really enjoyed taking a look at your Club Coupe and that amazing blue paint job.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:47 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

What a blast this was, thank you all Rennlisters and of course Dave. My first time in such a large P-car gathering; I met very friendly people, had more than enjoybale conversations with many, and got to be in the presence of generations of great Porsches.

The drive to Leesburg was superb. I don't know how may cars there were in the drive but it certainly was amazing that we all made it to the Ferry My son, who usually gets bored in this type gatherings, he could not stop talking about cars (for the good and bad of it ) and kept telling me how the drive was "awesome". He actually commented that when he grows up and gets the Cayman (I don't know where he gets that idea!?!?!) he will form a group with his driving buddies to drive around the country as we did in the back roads of MD and VA. You guys are to blame about this little P-car monster now; how am I going to explain this to my wife???? Revenge will be sweat, I tell you!

Abosolutely perfect day, thank you to all of you for making it happen. Count me and the monster in for next time as well
Old 05-07-2006, 11:56 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys, I had a blast. This was the first Porsche event that I took my 3 1/2 year old to. It was a great Father and Son day and I think he to had a blast. Sorry I could not talk to a lot of you...I had to keep moving so that he would stay busy. You gotta teach them early and he is already a P-Nut.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

What a great turnout! Kudos to you, David! You know what happens when you do a really good job...you have it for life!

I thought of you guys when I was at work and got the report from Andreas/AOWTVC15.

I'm really sorry I missed the drive. You had a perfect day. I'm currently at Summit Point, hoping the NNJR DE won't be drenched and a waste of set up time with my new goodies.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:22 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Put some more pics up and even did a real quick wide angle out of two images. Hope you get a better idea of what it looked like! It was a great turnout! I didn't get some of the cars that were up and around the corner of the building. I think that we may have had more cars at the GTG than there were showing at the Nottoway park event. Sorry I didn't get to talk to more of you.

Michael
Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So that's why people were looking in the front of that car. I was wondering why people were looking down in the front compartment of a 911 like there was an engine there.

Thanks for organizing Dave and there were certainly some gorgeous cars and friendly owners there. I'm glad I was able to make it back from NC in time for this.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:42 AM
dhicks
Drifting

Well its the next day and I am back to routine.....yesterday was a great "fun" day....sounds like most people enjoyed themselves - John sorry to hear of your issue and you bailing - the meet and greet was a great way to meet old and new friends and put Rennlist names to faces and cars....man there were some nice cars there....When I did get chance to walk round a bit it seemed like everybody was talking to somebody and nobody seemed to be left out in the cold.....but with this crowd that was unlikely....no cliques here....the drive to the ferry was good fun ... if a little slower that many would have liked....by the way for those that went to the lunch after you all left and I was paying the bill a gent from another table came up and started chatting to me about his 356 that he has spent the last several years renovating......he is up here from Florida meeting his son....gave him V.Bobs name for a contact down there......all the pics are great as a record of the number of cars that turned out....truely amazing....thank you all for coming....esp those that do not normally come to this type of event.....I hope you made many new friends and are now in for the long haul.......

As for Mark.........well Mark I think my reposte to you is "beat that".....see you in the fall!!! Hope your day at summit went well ...... its raining today.....are you still there???

Quick Reply: DC/ MD/ VA/ WV/ PA.....meet in May...UPDATED info